Details: Pay Range: $13-$17 hourly
Pro Kids Golf Academy, Inc.
ASSISTANT GOLF PROFESSIONAL
POSITION TITLE: Assistant Golf Professional
SUPERVISOR: Director of Golf & Site Program Director
STATUS: Part time, Non-exempt
SCHEDULE: 20 hours/week, TBD
SALARY RANGE: $13-17/hr.
CLOSING DATE: 08/16/2018 at 6:00 PM PST
Founded by former AFL/NFL player Ernest H. Wright, Sr. and incorporated as a 501(c)(3) public charity in 1994, Pro Kids, The First Tee of San Diego, is a leader in providing underserved youth in San Diego County opportunities through positive, life-changing experiences. Pro Kids challenges youth to excel in life by promoting character development, life skills, and values through education and the game of golf.
Pro Kids | The First Tee of San Diego is a committed community of excellence through our shared values of:
· Perpetual Growth
· Building Community
· Good Stewardship
· Compassionate Communication
· Embracing Challenge
Pro Kids | The First Tee of San Diego has two primary program campuses in City Heights & Oceanside.
Position Summary: With direction and support from the Director of Golf and Site Program Director, the position will provide support to the off and on-site golf programs. The Assistant Golf Professional is responsible for the delivery of daily lessons, group and behavior management and care taking of golfing equipment. This position will uphold policy implementation and safety of Pro Kids programs, as well as assisting Pro Kids in accomplishing the mission of their strategic plan by ensuring that all aspects of the golf operations, programs, facilities, and services are being performed in a professional and responsible manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides large and small group instruction for ages 7-17.
• Schedules, collects registrations, and monitors progress of members and classes.
• Performs professional mentorship to members of all ages.
• Schedules and attends outreach programs with local schools and partners.
• Runs successful internal and external golf events, including End of the Month
• Maintains accurate data entry and record keeping.
• Demonstrates clear and professional communication methods including use of
• Transports members to regulation golf courses for outings.
• Assists in the preparation of new programs, lesson plans, and special events.
• Provides excellent customer service, professional advice, and assistance to all members and parents so they enjoy their experience.
• Acts as a role model for our members.
• Completes the requirements for the PGA (or LPGA) membership and maintain an active classification.
• Completes the requirements for The First Tee Recognized Coach Program.
• Assists in all golf events internally and externally
• Assists with Champions Club membership
• Assists with golf social media and communication
• Facilitates sponsorship opportunities for events
• Attends events as PK representative
• Works closely with PK Marketing Committee
• Provides support to the Academy
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Passionate about working with kids; the ability to teach life lessons and core values is equal to the ability to teach golf skill.
• A well-rounded individual who is registered as an apprentice with either the PGA
or LPGA and has passed his/her playing ability test.
• Experience in the golf industry, working with kids.
• Experience working with a diverse community of children
• Effectively work with youth, staff, volunteers, parents, educators, and community-based organizations
• Ability to regularly communicate with Pro Kids’ family members and staff
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills that apply to dealing with children and donors
• Exhibit proficiency in basic computer skills, including e-mail and word processing
• Experience working with nonprofits is a plus
• Must have high level of professionalism and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience (preferred)
• Must have a clean driving record
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desirable
Physical Requirements and Work Environment: Work is performed on a golf course with a moderate noise level; employee will occasionally work at a computer station and operate electronic equipment; regularly communicate by telephone and in-person with staff and other professionals; occasionally lift, carry and position objects weighing up to 20 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Pro Kids provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, or sexual orientation.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Viri Mendoza at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desirable
Minimum Education Required