Regional Program Manager- Sullivan County, NY
- Job posted by Today's Students Tomorrow's Teachers (TSTT)
Today's Students Tomorrow's Teachers (TSTT) is a nationally recognized, 24 year teaching career development organization that recruits, mentors, and trains culturally- diverse and economically challenged students from high school through college, and places them as effective and committed leaders who strengthens schools and communities. The RPM implements and coordinates the TSTT program in his/her area.
The Regional Program Manager (RPM) will be involved in coordinating activities to execute a full-cycle career development program which is the primary work associated with Today’s Students Tomorrow’s Teachers (TSTT). The RPM will have the support of a Regional Program Coordinator (RPC) to support the Middle School Student Leadership Movement Initiative (SLM), therefore we are seeking someone with experience overseeing and providing leadership to a team.
- Position requires RPM to work in multiple schools/locations/communities in the region
- Work with the Regional Program Coordinator (RPC) and other school district personnel to identify and select participants
- Work with the local area supervisor, school district and college personnel to coordinate TSTT activities and events.
- Recruit facilitators and schedule required student workshops covering TSTT curriculum content
- Provide training and support to teacher mentors, counselors and student participants
- Support students in obtaining tutoring and summer internship placements and provide advice and counseling regarding college readiness and transition
- Cultivate relationships with business and community organizations to enhance program awareness, increase student enrollment and participate in program expansion
- Gather and compile student data including program evaluations and assessments. Create summary reports utilizing statistical and narrative formats using Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
- Utilize and help to maintain the student data tracking system for all TSTT participants in the designated region. Provide headquarters with data updates as requested
- Act as program representative at recruitment activities, career fairs, school and college events, conferences, and workshops as necessary
- Assist in identifying school districts, colleges and universities to participate in the TSTT program
The qualified candidate should have:
- exceptional verbal and written communication skills, Spanish language skills a plus
- exceptional time management skills and organizational abilities
- experience with event planning and calendar management
- working knowledge of managing a budget
- experience managing multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- an interest in working with and supporting middle school, high school and college students
- the ability to remain flexible
- a strong interest in career development, education and youth development
Ability to interact with people at all levels of our partner organizations with a clear understanding of the importance of client/customer service, collaboration, functional administration, timely decision-making, a capacity and interest in leadership, strategic planning and problem-solving.
Work Location and Travel:
- Assigned region - Mid-Hudson Valley, Sullivan County NY
- Additional travel conferences and meetings as required
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- Knowledge of public education and higher education
- Administrative and program management experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience which can center on youth development, education and/or counseling
- Familiarity with the not-for-profit sector; or, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved
Please submit a cover letter with your resume. We will only review full applications.
Level of Language Proficiency
English required; Bi-lingual in Spanish a PLUS!
Minimum Education Required