2770 Third Avenue
Masa is a community-based organization dedicated to partnering with Mexican and Latino children, youth, and families in the South Bronx to develop strong learners and leaders who fully contribute to the broader community.
The P/T Adult Education Associate will support operationalizing Masa’s ESL and other adult education programs, particularly outreach, recruitment, enrollment, materials preparation, and monitoring attendance. This is an ideal role for someone interested in learning more about non-profit operations who is bilingual in Spanish and English. This position is approximately 10 hours/week beginning in December 2018 or January 2019, with more hours required in the first 4-6 weeks to support recruitment and enrollment; there is flexibility in exact schedule.
- Support recruitment for adult education programs in collaboration with ESL Instructor, including developing flyers, making outreach plans, conducting street outreach, and making phone calls
- Facilitate intake process for prospective and admitted students, including scheduling appointments, entering data, tracking enrollment progress, and notifying students of their acceptance
- Assist in maintaining and monitoring program inventory
- Prepare materials for lessons in consultation with ESL Instructor
- Monitor student attendance and follow up on absences
- Research community resources to support student needs/referral requests on an as-needed basis
- Assist in data entry, particularly attendance and assessment data
- Assist in all other aspects of adult education programs, including planning events and creating flyers and program calendars
- Implement and follow Masa's policies and procedures with respect to client confidentiality and safety, as well as customer service
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Comfortable talking on the phone and conducting face-to-face street outreach
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Excel; SalesForce experience a plus
- Highly organized and self-managing; able to work independently and manage projects
- Experience working with parents, especially immigrant parents, strongly preferred
Level of Language Proficiency
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT FULLY BILINGUAL IN SPANISH AND ENGLISH.
Minimum Education Required