6505 Wilshire Blvd,# 100
We are looking for an energetic team member with an enthusiastic demeanor. An ideal candidate would have previous customer service experience as well as experience working with young children.
Responsibilities as a Play Guide:
· Assist visitors with general questions and needs. Respond in an appropriate way to guest concerns.
· Encouraging active engagement of visitors with museum exhibits and programs.
· Perform front desk duties when needed including answering main phone line, welcoming guests, answering questions about programs and selling memberships.
· Monitor children in exhibits for safety and restore items in exhibits as needed.
· Participate in routine facility checks (i.e. snack room, restrooms, etc.) and report any needs to full-time staff.
· Facilitate public programs as needed.
· Host birthday parties as scheduled.
· Collect feedback from visitors and report feedback to Visitor Experience Manager.
· Respond appropriately to emergencies or safety concerns. Report to Visitor Experience Manager, Assistant Floor Manager or Education Program Manager immediately.
· Staff special events when requested.
Responsibilities as a Front Desk Associate:
· Create a welcoming font desk by enthusiastically greeting every guest that enters the museum
· Responsible for accurately performing opening/closing functions of front desk (counting cash, end-of-day deposits, etc.), and efficiently and accurately operating cash registers (POS system)
· Responsible for informing all guests about relevant museum opportunities, including memberships, classes and camps, parities, gift shop, etc,
· Encourage and sell new memberships!
· Cross-trained to assist with opening and closing of museum exhibits, especially of all exhibits located on the ground level (Mann Theater, Discovery Airport, Rhythms of the World, etc.)
· Assist with class registration and attendance tracking as necessary, including preparing class nametags for check-in
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of front desk area, including designated stroller parking area
· Make sure all promotional program materials and flyers are up-to-date and fully stocked for upcoming days.
· Maintain communication with museum play guides regarding any unique visitor situations
· Assist with routine daily announcements over the intercom as needed, announcing programs, promotions, etc.
· Respond to all guests, whether in person or over the phone, with eloquence and professionalism.
· Follow Zimmer emergency and safety protocols, ensuring the safety and care of all visitors.
Minimum Education Required