529 Main Street
Our Mission: The Federation for Children with Special Needs provides information, support, and assistance to parents of children with disabilities, their professional partners, and their communities. Our RTSC project recruits, trains and provides technical assistance to volunteers who work as special education decision-makers for students who are in state custody and receive special education services.
Job Summary: The Project Associate reports to the RTSC Project Director. S/He coordinates activities, workshops and events for SESP’s (Special Education Surrogate Parents).
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Plan logistics and organize monthly Volunteer Orientations. Collaborate with RTSC staff to create training schedule, meeting space reservations and to process registrations. Follow-up on evaluations and support resources. Coordinate registrations for RTSC Trauma trainings, conferences and events, as needed.
· Process SESP volunteer applications; enter information in a database, check references, orientation training confirmation and submit notarized CORIs. Respond to calls and correspondence from individuals interested in becoming SESPs
· Assist with recruitment activities including, setting up online announcements and posting advertisements with designated media and online outlets.
· Assist the team in selecting articles and abstracts for RTSC’s monthly news journal “Consider This” using constant contact and post and updates to the RTSC website (WordPress) to maintain project website for events resources, articles, etc. Coordinate production of monthly webinars - set up webinar with GoToWebinar or Zoom, oversee registration, serve as technical producer, produce recording, send follow-up survey
· Gather statistics for Quarterly Department of Elementary and Secondary Education reports, assist with designing Needs Assessments to assess RTSC project performance
· Attend staff meetings and project team meetings, as required.
· Assist with administrative duties such as filing, copying, event preparation and other duties and responsibilities as needed. Perform other tasks assigned by RTSC Director.
· Bachelor’s degree, preferred. (A combination of education and experience may be substituted).
· Good oral and written communication skills, administrative and time-management skills
· Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and WordPress. Knowledge of Access
· Prior work experience or interest in special education and/or Department of Children and Families
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize work and meet deadlines
· An independent worker, pays strong attention to detail, able to take initiative and collaborate with team members
Long term disability
Short term disability
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: (Please Note: This is a part-time, 32* hours weekly position with RTSC and is eligible for benefits according to FCSN policies. However, this position can also be full-time, 40 hour position (working additional 8 hours with another FCSN project). Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to FCSN Human Resources by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. By mail to Federation for Children with Special Needs, The Schrafft Center, 529 Main Street, Suite 1M3, Boston, MA 02129.
The Federation for Children with Special Needs (FCSN) embraces the diversity of our staff and is committed to increase the diversity of our organization. As an EEO employer, FCSN is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and candidates for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status or designation. Also, we welcome parents of children with special needs or those with a disability to apply!