About Impact Justice
Finance Manager will be responsible for organization-wide grants management, including performing a broad range of fiscal, budgetary, and analytical duties at the project and program level. This position supports the Director of Finance. The Finance Manager is directly responsible for financial management of the PREA program.
This position is also responsible for financial reporting and variance analysis for both internal and external stakeholders. Additionally, this position trains and delegates to junior Finance staff. This role requires a high degree of financial acumen, deep involvement in programmatic operations, and considerable interpersonal skills. This position reports to the Director of Finance and oversees one other finance staff person.
Please see our website at https://impactjustice.org/ for more information.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct fiscal oversight of the PREA Resource Center cooperative agreements with the Department of Justice including:
- Multi-year budget oversight of $5M - $20M in compliance with federal financial guidelines (2CFR200, OMB circulars)
- Compliance and timely submission and processing of grant expenditure paperwork (including but not limited to federal systems (GMS, SAM, NTTAC, FFATA).
- Certification of expenditure-related paperwork to ensure enough funding, accuracy, and compliance.
- Ownership of conference reporting
- Ownership of subrecipient/contractor tracking and compliance; development of contractor reporting and standard invoicing tracked against budget, including universal contractor coding system
- Includes ownership and accountability for subrecipient Obligated to Date vs budget tracking.
- Assist organization in mitigating fiscal risk through familiarity with grant-specific provisions in accordance with federal financial guidelines
- Optimize programmatic and financial outcomes for through effective partnership with program management. Provide strong collaboration with programmatic staff to provide timely financial reporting and general advice to staff on spending and management decisions
- Collaborate with Director of Finance on impact of PRC department budget as relates to the organization-wide budget and spending
- Manage, delegate to, and train Finance Team member(s) on fiscal tasks and budget development
- Manage the preparation and distribution of monthly project financial performance to budget to directors, budget owners, and organizational leaders. Includes preparation and review of project budgets, including variance analysis and reporting.
- Contribute to quarterly accounting/financial practices and support with annual audit
- Manage the preparation of budgets for foundation and government grant proposals/RFPs
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3 – 4 (Three to four) years of experience in related field.
- Deep understanding and familiarity with federal grant management, federal reporting, and federal regulations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in grants management under the DOJ Financial Guide and CFR Part 200
- Knowledge and experience with OMB single audits as well as GAAP.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Excel, as well as other finance and program management software such as Netsuite and Asana, respectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Refined critical, analytical, and interpretive thinking and problem solving.
- High level of decision making, autonomy, communication, and accountability.
- Considerable understanding of both granular and organization-wide financial management.
- Comfortable managing confidential information and intra-organizational dynamics in organizations with 25 - 100 staff.
- Experience coordinating multiple stakeholder meetings.
- Successful experience managing a variety of foundation, local, state, and federal grants, with Grants under Management totaling in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Includes proper pre-award and post-award processes.
- Experience administering and managing contracts and agreements, including to sub-contractors and sub-awardees.
- Demonstrated background and/or interest in the nonprofit sector and the mission of Impact Justice.