135 Main Street, Suite 1700
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 224 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating almost 100,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. KIPP schools, KIPP regions, and the KIPP Foundation – are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, for us all.
The non-profit KIPP Foundation trains and develops outstanding educators to lead KIPP schools, provides tools, resources, and training for excellent teaching and learning, promotes innovation, and facilitates the exchange of insights and ideas within the KIPP network and with partners including: other charters, districts, colleges and universities, and non-profit organizations across the country.
Why work at KIPP?
By working for the KIPP Foundation, you help more students across the country receive the high-quality education they deserve.
· Support KIPP leaders, teachers, and staff on the Network Leadership Development, KIPP School Leadership Programs, Teaching and Learning Labs, KIPP Through College, or Knowledge Sharing teams
- Ensure smart growth and great results on the Network Growth and Sustainability, Strategy, Research & Evaluation, or Insights and Analytics teams
- Broaden our impact on the Government Affairs, External Impact, Marketing, Development, or Talent teams
- Keep us connected and operational on our IT or Finance team
If you believe all children deserve great schools and programs where they can gain the knowledge, skills, character, and habits necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place, join us!
As a member of the Finance Department, the Senior Compliance Analyst leads analytical work in the Accounting Group, including, procurement and vendor management, in collaboration with internal and external business partners. The Senior Compliance Analyst coordinates, monitors and administers RFPs, contracts, purchasing functions and auxiliary services as assigned; Assists in the development of processes and procedures to support Foundation operations; and performs a variety of tasks relative to assigned areas of responsibility. The Senior Compliance Analyst reports to the Controller. He/she is a member of the Finance Department and works collaboratively with other departments at the KIPP Foundation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Acts as lead and primary point of contact with ADP and oversees the implementation of the Comprehensive Payroll Agreement and its related responsibilities.
- Leads procurement review process; Maintains corresponding vendor data and related records.
- Prepares and reviews general financial reporting metrics to ensure compliance with accounting standards; assists with validation for procurement data in coordination with the Accounting Services Manager
- Establishes and maintains a contract repository as required for all providers of goods and/or services
- Manages Zendesk ticket triage for the accounting help desk
- Assists in implementation, maintenance of related accounting systems as needed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
· Critical Thinking and Problem solving
· Client management
· Planning and execution
· Dealing with competing priorities
Experience and Qualifications
· BS Degree with concentration in Business or equivalent years of work experience
· Three years of experience with accounting and or computer business systems
· Working knowledge of accounting software systems
· Experience in working with complex vendor situations
· Prior experience with PART 200—UNIFORM ADMINISTRATIVE REQUIREMENTS, COST PRINCIPLES, AND AUDIT REQUIREMENTS FOR FEDERAL AWARDS is helpful in this role.
· Excellent command of Microsoft Excel.
· Excellent written and verbal skills are all foundational.
· Passion for KIPP’s mission and values.
The Senior Compliance Analyst is an exempt role, working from our office in San Francisco, CA.
Compensation and Benefits
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
Minimum Education Required