Phipps Houses is one of the nation’s oldest and largest not-for-profit developer/owners of affordable housing. It is a multi-faceted real estate organization, involved in the development, finance, construction and asset management of new and rehabilitated multi-family housing for low to middle income New Yorkers. Through its subsidiary, Phipps Houses Services, Inc., it conducts residential and some commercial property management, and it’s tax exempt affiliate, Phipps Neighborhoods, provides human services to its development communities.
The Property Management Division of Phipps Houses is currently seeking a Facilities Director for one of its portfolios in the Bronx.
The Facilities Director is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of their assigned portfolio of properties including, building, grounds and building systems. Supervises the site Building Superintendents and maintenance staff. This position reports to the Area Manager and Property Manager for the assigned portfolio.
- In consultation with the Area Manager, Property Manager and Building Superintendents, hires, trains, disciplines and terminates department staff in accordance with the organization human resources policies.
- Collaborates with the Building Superintendents to implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
- Coordinates compliance with local, state, and federal building codes and guidelines, MSDS, OSHA, EPA regulations, fire codes and other relevant rules and regulations.
- Coordinates with approved contractors and vendors.
- Along with Building Superintendents, conducts regular inspections of all Building Systems including fire extinguishers, sprinkler and alarm systems.
- Works closely with Area Manager and Property Manager in creating, scheduling capital budgets
- Coordinates with Building Superintendents annual maintenance programs for apartments and common areas.
- Coordinates with Building Superintendents for necessary repairs and maintenance in apartments and common areas including refurbishment for move-ins.
- Along with Building Superintendents, ensures that the outside of the property is maintained including landscaping and snow removal.
- Along with Building Superintendents, coordinates the removal of garbage and trash for the property
- Coordinates Staffing schedules with Building Superintendents to ensure the proper maintenance of office public spaces, residential apartments and grounds.
- Prepares and follows approved budget.
- Maintains inventory control for all general supplies parts and equipment.
- Maintains all required maintenance files.
- Schedules and conducts training sessions and department meetings.
- Informs Area Manager and Property Manager of any resident issues or concerns.
- Understands and implements the role of the department’s safety and disaster plan.
- Participates in safety committee meetings
- Attends all required training, in-service and staff meetings.
- Along with the Building Superintendents, ensures that all company uniform and grooming standards for the department are followed.
- Along with the Building Superintendents, strives to maintain a safe working environment through the preservation of equipment and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor towards residents, visitors, families and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of the Corporation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s Degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school: or Two years related experience and/or training equivalent combination of education and applicable experience.
Please apply through our Career Portal using the following link: