95 Prospect Park West
Be part of the driving force that sustains Prospect Park, Brooklyn's flagship park. The Prospect Park Alliance, the nonprofit that restores and advances the Park, seeks a full-time Development Operations Coordinator.
The Development Operations Coordinator will be responsible for the department’s overall processes, in particular the health of the department’s database, Raiser’s Edge. The Coordinator is also the primary point of contact for the Alliance’s approximately 3,500 member households. This position is a prime opportunity to expand on the basics of fundraising through strategy and analysis and provide the infrastructure for a dynamic and successful development team that raises nearly $4 million annually.
Fundraising Technology Management – Gift Processing, Data Entry & Analysis
- Maintain the health of the donor database through consistent, accurate data entry, prompt updates to constituent records and database maintenance in accordance with industry best practices
- Working directly with Finance Department, manage daily financial tracking of all support income
- Serve as the primary Development team member creating reports and analyses of fundraising campaigns, appeals and events, including producing weekly giving report to be distributed to senior Alliance staff
- Enter support income gifts and pledges into donor database and work with outsource company to ensure proper data entry
- Manage the Alliance’s relationships with outside fundraising technology vendors including Blackbaud, Classy, and WePay
Individual Giving Program Support & Member Services
- Act as the primary customer service representative for the Membership program, responding to phone and email queries and reaching out when needed to members
- Manage renewal and membership fulfillment processes, both in-house and through vendor, including postal mail and email
- Produce majority of Individual Giving donor acknowledgments
- Support Individual Giving Manager in execution of member communications calendar through tools such as Mailchimp
- Regularly update financial tracking documents, including Development Department dashboard, for progress towards Individual Giving goals and to identify trends over time
General Development Support
Assist with a variety of Development Department functions and activities, as needed. May include:
- Retrieving and sorting Alliance mail
- Attending all Alliance fundraising events and select member and donor cultivation events
- Prepare individual giving appeals and other mailings
- Manage expense reimbursements for Individual Giving and VP Development
- General administrative support for Development department, including for VP Development
- Familiarity with and experience using Raiser’s Edge required
- Data entry experience preferred
- Accuracy, efficiency, organization, and attention to detail are vital
- Strong ability to manage competing priorities
- Familiarity with fundraising and basic accounting principles
- Excellent interpersonal and strong customer service skills
- Ability to work some nights and weekends, as needed
- A driver's license valid in the state of New York and the ability and willingness to drive Park vehicles
- Bachelor’s degree
The Prospect Park Alliance offers a full benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and a cover letter along with your salary expectation to email@example.com.
No phone calls, please. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview. The Prospect Park Alliance is an equal opportunity employer.
About the Prospect Park Alliance
The Prospect Park Alliance is the non-profit organization that sustains, restores and advances Prospect Park, Brooklyn’s flagship park, for the benefit of diverse communities, working in partnership with the City of New York. The Alliance provides a majority of the operating budget and staff that care for Park, preserving the natural environment and historic design, and serving the community by providing public programming and amenities for the Park, which receives more than 10 million visits each year. Learn more by visiting www.prospectpark.org.