1436 Polk Street
We are seeking a thoughtful and organized person who enjoys working with kids to manage our after school program. The After School Program Coordinator assumes responsibility for day-to-day operations, supervision, and monitoring of all after school activities, i.e., after-school care and after-school classes. The role includes supervising students, overseeing dismissal and pick-up throughout the afternoon, logging check-in and check-out times for billing purposes, managing class sign-ups, and supporting after-school staff. This is an hourly position and requires 18 hours per week. The work day is from 3:00 - 6:30 daily. There are approximately six, pre-scheduled, full-days that are supported by this position. The hourly rate is $20/hr.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School diploma and BA is desirable, but not required
- Significant experience working with children required
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Warm and welcoming demeanor
- Hardworking and reliable
- Ability to model professional and ethical standards when working with students and families
- Sense of humor and ability to connect with students
- Commitment to social justice and multicultural education
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Manage and develop our after-school programming. This includes the coordination and communication with outside enrichment program vendors
- Provide student programming 8:30-5:30 during parent teacher conferences (six days year)
- Cultivate positive relationships with all students and manage groups of children effectively
- Communicate positively and effectively with BOS parents and staff
- Collaborate with BOS administration and faculty to ensure the after-school program quality and consistency is aligned with BOS mission and vision
- Coordinate with the Director of Finance to support attendance and billing systems
- Support and supervise students during after-school hours
- Help implement school-wide behavior protocols and expectations
- Maintain a program climate of trust and mutual respect
Please submit a résumé, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Blue Oak School does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sexual or gender identity in its hiring processes and actively promotes the principles and practices of diversity throughout the school community.
Blue Oak School, nestled in beautiful downtown Napa, CA, offers a challenging and stimulating education to children of diverse backgrounds and interests. Through the culture and community of the School, teachers nurture the development of character and foster confidence, creativity, flexibility and curiosity in each child.
This is not a benefited position.
Level of Language Proficiency
Written and spoken English is required.
Conversational Spanish would be helpful but not necessary.
Minimum Education Required