The Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy is seeking a highly-motivated and experienced human resources professional to be its first, part-time Human Resources Manager. This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced, award-winning organization and help contribute to the success of an iconic and nationally renowned public space.
Beginning in January 2019, this position would manage and support diverse aspects of HR, including recruitment, on- and off-boarding, employee relations, employee benefits, compliance, staff development, professional development, and compensation.
- Recruitment & Employment
- Assist hiring managers with the recruitment of a diverse staff, providing support as needed to hiring managers on job descriptions, recruiting strategies, interviewing, reference checking, finalizing terms of employment, and the job offer process.
- Assist supervisors with the new-hire onboarding process, including organizational orientation and selected paperwork.
- Run monthly All Staff meeting and oversee planning of periodic social events. Support internship program.
- Conduct exit interviews for all departing staff.
- Employee Relations
- Ensure the flow of timely and helpful information to staff about policies, procedures, benefits, and related organizational matters.
- Review, update, clarify and interpret organizational personnel policies and provide recommendations for additions and deletions.
- Address intra-staff issues, resolving questions and concerns, conducting investigations, and making recommendations for effective resolution. Serve as a resource to supervisors on issues related to staff performance, ensuring compliance with policies, procedures and HR best practice.
- Staff Development & Compensation
- Provide support to Directors in developing (and, as appropriate, regularly updating) job descriptions for staff.
- Track, coordinate and maintain the organization’s systems of staff evaluation, and monitor its effectiveness. Develop new processes as warranted.
- Assess staff professional development needs, collect information on professional development opportunities (trainings, webinars, certificate programs, etc.), and help organize 3rd-party trainings.
- Help inform and support compensation evaluation and implementation/messaging for employee salary actions.
- Assess benefit package and support procurement and administration of employee benefits.
- Working with outside counsel, keep abreast of federal, state and local regulations, and ensure the organizational adherence to and implementation of all relevant employment laws.
- Maintain all personnel files, ensuring their completeness and compliance with HIPAA and ADA confidentiality guidelines.
- Track and analyze helpful HR metrics, including staff turnover, reasons for termination, effective recruitment sources, employee satisfaction, etc.
- Perform other duties as directed or needed.
- Minimum of five years’ progressively responsible human resources experience at a managerial level, preferably in a 1-2 person HR department.
- Experience working in a small- to medium-sized nonprofit organization preferred
- Demonstrated skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Ability to address complex and sensitive issues with confidentiality, good judgement and professionalism.
- Analytical and computer skills to create meaningful data reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required; relevant advanced degree preferred.
- Results-focused. Detail-oriented. Positive attitude. Calm under pressure.
- Commitment to the mission of the Greenway Conservancy.
- The Conservancy seeks a candidate to start in early January of 2019.
- The part-time position would average 20 hours/week, with some flexibility required for additional hours during busy seasons (e.g., year-end performance review season, spring recruitment of seasonal employees and interns).
- In-office presence required.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Please email one-page cover letter, resume, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in the subject line. Each file name should begin with applicant’s last name.
- No phone calls, please.