Full Time Contract
Camps Lanowa and Wakonda, American Camp Association Accredited camps, are seeking General Counselors for campers ages 7-13. The Unit Leaders help to maintain camp spirit, deal with discipline issues and camper counseling as needed and plan and carry out unit activities.
· Prepare reports and evaluations as necessary.
· Supervise and provide guidance to general counselors assigned to your unit.
· Ensure HFH Summer Camps and NYS Dept. of Health safety procedures are followed
· Assist staff with camper behavior issues
· Assist with leadership of staff training.
· Inspects each cabin daily.
· Assist with daily cabin activities, rest periods, meals, campers, overnights, cookouts, etc.
· Keep unit staff informed of all camp activities.
· Desire to work and live in the outdoors from June 13-August 21, 2018.
· The ability to be think on your feet and be flexible when changes occur with short notice.
· Ability to pass a background check, physical exam and be up to date on all required immunizations.
· An understanding of and liking of children; knowledge of behavioral issues a plus.
You will also need to provide:
· Three letters of reference
· A physical exam by a licensed Medical Doctor and be up to date with all required immunizations
· Additional special skills and certifications (First Aid, CPR, EMT, and other) are a plus.
Summer 2018 Camp Schedule
· Wednesday, June 13th staff expected to arrive to camp
· Monday, June 18th General Staff Training begins at 12 Noon
Session 1: Thursday June 28, 2018 - Wednesday July 11, 2018
· Sunday, July 15th staff back from break by 12:00 PM
Session 2: Monday July 16, 2018 - Monday July 30, 2018
· Thursday, August 2nd staff back from break by 12:00 PM
Session 3: Friday August 3, 2018 - Friday August 17, 2018
· All staff departs by Monday August 21st by 3:00 PM
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHCampsJobs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required