Details: Salary is commensurate with experience and subject to union collective bargaining agreement.
666 Broadway, 7th Floor
As a member of the Operations team, the Administrative Associate provides support for a range of critical organizational functions, including finance, human resources, information management, office services, and technology.
The successful candidate is a highly-organized, detail-oriented individual with a passion for systems, a belief in the ability of strong, effective infrastructure to enhance mission and impact, and an eagerness to learn how nonprofits work.
Background: From its roots representing civil rights activists in the South, to its recent challenges to the NYPD’s racially discriminatory stop-and-frisk program and indefinite detention and torture at Guantánamo, the Center for Constitutional Rights has been on the front lines of the fight for social justice for 50 years. We’re a multiracial, diverse staff committed to building the power of the people and communities we represent through the creative use of civil and human rights litigation, education, and advocacy around a range of government and corporate abuses in areas such as immigration detention, solitary confinement, racial and religious profiling, LGBTQI rights, Palestinian human rights, and support for social justice movements.
Information and Document Management
- Coordinate the organization and maintenance of electronic and hard copy documents and information.
- Contribute to efforts to advance and upgrade internal systems and practices for information management and knowledge sharing.
- Assist in creating, updating, and keeping current CCR operational and organizational policies and manuals.
- File finance, HR, and other organizational data and documents.
- Liaise with other staff/teams to train on and ensure good document management practices.
- Update and distribute CCR staff contact lists and organizational charts.
- Support CCR archiving project.
Working with the Finance Director and Finance Manager:
- Assist with check processing (attaching documentation to check stubs, mailing, and distributing checks) and filing of invoices.
- Prepare and file deposits.
- Assist with petty cash reconciliation (transcribing receipts onto spreadsheet for QuickBooks entry).
- Assist with preparation of credit card reconciliations.
Working with the Human Resources Manager:
- Provide administrative support for hiring and recruiting, including posting to job sites, tracking candidates, and scheduling interviews.
- Help coordinate annual performance review schedules and documents.
- Coordinate staff updates and staff meeting agendas.
- Perform receptionist duties as needed.
- Help coordinate internal staff events.
- Provide other administrative support as required, such as scanning, mailing, and research.
- Participate in departmental and organizational planning and projects and organization-wide committees and carries out work as assigned.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the Director of Operations.
Benefits include employer contribution to 401K plan and flexible spending account, vacation, sick leave, and holidays, and 100 percent organization-paid health benefits including medical, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should visit https://ccrjustice.wufoo.com/forms/administrative-associate-operations/ to submit an online application.
CCR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, LGBTQI AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE.