150 West 17th Street
About the Museum
The Rubin Museum of Art is a dynamic environment that stimulates learning, promotes understanding, and inspires personal connections to the ideas, cultures, and art of the Himalayas.
Now in its second decade, the Rubin has welcomed over 200,000 visitors in the past year and has a growing membership of more than 4,000 households.
Within its five floors of galleries are several long-term rotating installations drawn from the permanent collection as well as frequent short-term exhibitions that are more broadly conceived. The Rubin’s collection includes over 3,500 objects spanning more than 1,500 years up to the present day. Renowned for its quality and depth, the collection focuses on art from the Tibetan Plateau and is broadened by a significant number of important examples from surrounding regions.
The Rubin presents films, performances, and on-stage conversations as well as a robust roster of other educational initiatives. The ground floor, anchored by its magnificent staircase, is free and open to all visitors and provides a lively nexus for conversation, shopping, refreshment and dining.
About the Position
The Coordinator of Membership & Development Operations is an exempt position and plays a crucial role in support of the Rubin’s members and core donors, and also will support other members of the wider External Affairs team. This position requires a unique combination of warm, member-facing customer service skills and precise gift processing and reporting work.
The incumbent reports to the Senior Manager, Membership & Development Operations.
· Ensures excellent customer service experience for members, core donors, and donor prospects by responding to inquiries including telephone and email. Serves as primary point of contact for 4,000+ Museum members and many other donors.
· Processes and enters gifts into fundraising database (Raiser’s Edge), coordinating with team members, and provides regular reports on gifts and fundraising totals.
· Assists Senior Manager in implementing calendar of acquisitions, renewals, upgrades, invitations, and communications with members and core donors. Coordinate busy email calendar to members and donors. Under supervision of Senior Manager, coordinate renewal solicitations.
· Produces reports and charts from fundraising database with support from Senior Manager.
· Supports mailings including list pulls, mail merge, and printing of membership and donation acknowledgement letters.
· Assists External Affairs, including morning and evening events.
· Works closely with the Admissions & Engagement team to streamline on-site membership sales and customer service.
· Supports the fundraising team in working to steadily increase the number of members and donors.
· Provides general assistance with Development staff’s daily operations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree required.
· 2 Years of development/fundraising experience in the non-profit field preferred
· Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge required.
· Knowledge of email marketing tools preferred (i.e. MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc.)
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications: MS Word, Excel & Outlook required.
· Must have excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills including being adept at handling complex situations
· Detail oriented and ability to manage multiple tasks required.
· Qualities such as flexibility, collaboration, and the ability to work well with others are desirable.
· Work experience in a museum or cultural institution a plus.
· Salary in the low $40ks.
· The Rubin Museum offers a generous and competitive benefits package.
Please provide the following as part of your application:
- Complete resume.
- A cover letter addressing both your interest in the Rubin Museum and your qualifications for this position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
- Indicate “Coordinator, Membership & Development Operations” on the subject line of email, or in the body of cover letter.
- Applications in electronic format preferred, and accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailed applications – Head of Human Resources, Rubin Museum of Art, 150 West 17th Street, New York, NY 10011