United States of Care is seeking a Development Manager to join its growing team. The mission of United States of Care is to ensure that every single American has access to quality, affordable health care regardless of health status, social need, or income. A new non-partisan non-profit, we are building and mobilizing a movement to achieve long-lasting solutions that make health care better for everyone. United States of Care will help make it happen by working with Americans from across the country: patients and caregivers, advocates, physicians and other clinicians, policymakers, and business, civic, and religious leaders.
United States of Care (US of Care) is seeking Development Manager to support the Director of Development and the organization’s overall fundraising efforts. The Development Manager will helpimplement a strong and innovative fundraising strategy, execute events, research funding targets, write proposals, grant requests and grant deliverables, track donor solicitations and stewardship activities in the CRM, and maintain best practices to support a growing development operation. A strong candidate will have excellent writing skills for proposals and grant applications, be highly collaborative, goal-oriented, and be a strong relationship builder, who is excited by working in a fast-paced, start-up environment to help build a successful fundraising program. While the position requires attention to many administrative tasks, the Development Manager will nonetheless be an integral member of a new and growing team to support all fundraising efforts that will strengthen the organization for immediate and long-term growth. This position requires up to 10% travel and occasional work on weekends and evenings.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Help develop an expansive pipeline of prospective funders through research, identification, cultivation, and solicitation of foundations, hospitals, and individual donors;
- Help build and maintain an effective and efficient infrastructure to support the organization’s fundraising efforts, including collateral maintenance, database integrity, stewardship processes, income reconciliation, and use of project management tools;
- Work with the Director of Development and collaborate across teams as necessary to help execute fundraising goals and strategies;
- Understand and articulate US of Care’s mission, programs, history, and relationships with key stakeholders;
- Draft, create, and manage grant applications and proposals to meet deliverables and deadlines, work with other teams as necessary to gather content, and track all internal and external movements for grants and proposals;
- Develop and write content for various types of donor engagements as needed;
- Establish and steward strong relationships with current and prospective funders through engaging communications and outstanding people skills;
- Execute fundraising events and other donor engagement opportunities effectively and professionally;
- Maintain strict record keeping of all communications with current and prospective donors, and track history of participants and activities for all engagements in the CRM;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of fundraising experience and supporting a development team;
- Exceptional writing, editing, verbal, and presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to develop positive working relationships with foundation staff and individual funders, as well as collaborate effectively and collegially with US of Care’s staff and leadership;
- Strong project management skills, including ability to prioritize responsibilities, meet deadlines, remain organized, and give strong attention to detail;
- A team player and self-starter with high dependability, strong judgement, impeccable integrity, and a personal commitment to excellence;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite and experience with fundraising CRMs required;
- A demonstrated ability to learn new applications and technology;
- This position is located in either Washington, DC or Minneapolis, MN
- Bachelor’s degree required.
This position is full-time, and United States of Care offers competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Candidates will be based in the same locality as the Director of Development (Washington, DC or Minneapolis, MN).
United States of Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values a multicultural, diverse working environment. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are welcomed and encouraged to apply. We prohibit discrimination of employment, promotion, compensation, terms, conditions, or privileges of employment based on gender, disability, race, age, national origin, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex (including marital and parental status), gender identity and expression, religion, economic status, ethnic identity, veteran's status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required