About the Cristo Rey Network®
Comprised of 38 Catholic, career focused and college preparatory schools serving 12,300 students across 24 states, the Cristo Rey Network delivers a distinctive approach to education that fosters the knowledge, character, and skills in students to achieve their aspirations for a lifetime of success. From freshman year, Cristo Rey schools establish a culture of high expectations by blending rigorous academics, four years of professional work experience through the Corporate Work Study Program (CWSP), Catholic educational values, and support for students to and through college. The impact is clear: Cristo Rey graduates enroll and graduate from college at more than twice the rate of their low-income high school graduate peers.
The Cristo Rey Network seeks an Associate Director of School Growth and Student Recruitment who will support the national office work in leading our expansion efforts. This individual will report to the Director of School Growth. The Associate Director will be responsible for meeting our goal of having 50 schools by 2027, and every school meeting their student enrollment goal. This role requires a strong commitment to serving underserved youth and a keen understanding of the challenges of opening new schools dedicated to serving them.
- Support launch of new feasibility studies: Work with local communities to launch new feasibility studies in high priority markets.
- In collaboration with the Director of School Growth, analyze prospective markets to determine feasibility of a school launch and prioritize opportunities.
- Assist in managing inquiries from parties interested in helping further the Cristo Rey movement.
- Travel frequently to meet with new Feasibility Study teams.
- Support ongoing feasibility studies and launch year schools: Support new school teams from feasibility study stage through acceptance as a full member school, serving as the subject matter expert and the liaison between the new school teams and national Cristo Rey office departments.
- Collaborate with functional experts from the national staff to consult and train new school teams in key areas such as academics, corporate work study and finance.
- Be the primary point of contact for all non-instructional related issues including operations, finance, HR, legal and facilities.
- Manage the ongoing, day-to-day execution of the feasibility studies, new schools in launch year, and year one of operations.
- Engage in fundraising as necessary and appropriate for the benefit of the Cristo Rey Network and/or local feasibility studies. Have a basic understanding of the workings of charitable foundations and their grant application cycles and requirements.
- Have a detailed knowledge of the CRN Replication Process Document and be able to articulate the timelines, requirements, goals and objectives thereof, and provide support to feasibility study teams in meeting those goals.
- Have a passion for and understanding of the history and mission of the Cristo Rey movement.
- Support in managing the Cristo Rey Network growth strategy: Become knowledgeable about the history, growth and development of the Cristo Rey Movement, and be able to articulate the growth visions.
- Be our School Choice expert: Study, follow legislative developments in, and understand the workings of school choice programs across the United States as they may impact Cristo Rey schools.
- Ensure Success of our Admissions Directors:
- Professional Development: Support professional development for admissions directors. Identify internal and external best practices in recruitment strategies and admissions cycles. Disseminate to school teams through regular webinars and an annual in-person conference, as well as one-on-one school visits.
- Community: Engage with a virtual community of admissions directors through regular communications, resource sharing and knowledge management.
- Strategy: Develop and implement a Network-wide strategy to support schools’ efforts to increase enrollment, with a focus on new schools and schools that have been consistently under-enrolled.
- Come to Serve: Every member of the Network team exists to serve the staff and students at our schools consistent with the mission of the Cristo Rey Network and should promote faithful adherence to the CRN Mission Effectiveness Standards.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required; 3 years of professional experience minimum, 4-5 years preferred
- Self-starter with the ability to produce results in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Cristo Rey Network
- Ability to travel regularly to member schools and Network meetings
- Proficiency in working with web-based data management systems, Microsoft Excel, and social networking tools
This position is based at Cristo Rey Network’s national office in downtown Chicago, IL.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Cristo Rey Network shares the national office’s Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Cultural Competency commitment statement for interested applicants.