Leaders Igniting Transformation is seeking a committed and detail oriented Development team member. This position reports directly to and works closely with the Executive Director, helping the team to leverage new opportunities, cultivate critical partnerships, and maintain high standards in data, communications, and relationships.
- Lead on the retention, growth, and expansion of monthly donors; develop and implement targets and plans to sustain and expand the program
- Record all gifts and pledges, send invoices, and send acknowledgment letters with specific subscriber and donor messages from our team
- Coordinate and support call time for the Executive Director and the Boards of Directors
- Assists create donor materials including cases for support, emails, mailings, and online content
- Ensure thorough record-keeping, including timely data entry/processing, high data quality, contributing to standardized data conventions within EveryAction 8 and other tools.
- Email appeals to our growing list of supporters, ensuring we’re sending regular updates and telling a compelling funding story.
- Maintain, evaluate, and strengthen fundraising systems and processes, including tracking all funder communication, grant tracking, and maintaining a clean and accurate fundraising database.
- Identify and qualify potential fundraising opportunities, donors, and foundation prospects
- Written Communication & Editing Skills. Strong writer with a proven ability to craft different forms of writing as this role will need to create excellent fundraising documents ranging from grant proposals to email appeals to concise program pitches. Pro-Oxford comma.
- Planning & Project Management. Highly organized (seriously), detail oriented, and a relentless focus on results. Proven ability to effectively and independently manage projects. This person will be integral in maintaining clean, accurate, easy-to-use systems, so they must be able to manage programs with many moving parts. Understands the importance of goal setting and accountability and follows through 100% of the time.
- Self-Starter w/ a Positive Attitude. Ability and desire to take on organizational priorities, unexpected projects, and to adapt as responsibilities and circumstances change. Beyond maintaining the fundraising and administrative systems we currently have, the willingness to figure out what other processes could be smoother and create the systems to make staff’s work easier.
- Interpersonal Skills. Strong listening and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships across a diverse range of people. Ability to work without significant administrative support and as part of a team of incredible staff, board, and local affiliate organizations.
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Experience managing call time on a political campaign
- Working knowledge of EveryAction 8 and Canva
- Knowledge of all aspects of development including major gifts, planned gifts, campaigns, annual giving, direct marketing, and the Portland philanthropic community
- A anti-white supremacy analysis of fundraising and donor relationships