This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic professional who wants to make a difference in the lives of the diverse community and elder population and believes in providing that care with compassion and respect to all we serve.
Springwell is seeking a Nurse Manager to oversee our Community Transitions Department. The position has a variety of responsibilities that will include:
- Supervision of nurses and case managers who conduct assessments of individuals at nursing facilities and assist with long term care placement or returning to the community.
- Ensuring compliance with program regulations and guidelines.
- Evaluate program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Involvement in multidisciplinary meetings within and outside of Springwell to provide clinical input from a nursing perspective.
- Outreach to community partners to provide education on the role of Springwell staff in discharge planning and to strengthen community relationships.
- Staff training on program regulations and requirements.
- Hands on tasks such as running and reviewing reports, and conducting record reviews to work towards continuous quality improvement.
Our ideal candidate will have strong critical thinking, organization, problem solving and team building skills. They will be flexible, able to switch priorities quickly and believe in the importance of a multidisciplinary approach to consumer services. They will make evidence based decisions consistent with sound judgment and experience which will facilitate program growth and development.
- Master's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing and three years' experience in Human Services in a direct relationship with individuals served required.
- Valid Massachusetts RN license required.
- Three years of full time equivalent experience as a Registered Nurse in a community setting required.
- One years of supervisory, administrative or managerial experience preferred.
- Familiarity with community services for elders and the Massachusetts aging network preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal, written and computer skills.
- A reliable car, current driver's license and safe driving record required.
- Monday through Friday work schedule/No Weekends or Holidays
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450 hours)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are serious about our mission. For more than 37 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also serious about our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference - each, and every member of our staff.
We believe in:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don't claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
- Balance: Life is a give and take, as is work. We are always examining that balance. Today, we have yoga classes on-site twice a week. We are exploring offering a Weight Watchers meeting. And afternoon meditation is under consideration. If there is a holiday to celebrate we have a party. This year, we built a dedicated lactation room for new moms. We are committed to listening to our staff, and examining and re-balancing our work environment.
If interested, please apply at https://springwell.applicantpro.com/jobs/