Details: Temple Beth Shalom offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Temple Beth Shalom is an equal opportunity employer.
670 Highland Avenue
Temple Beth Shalom is a vibrant Reform Jewish congregation that welcomes individuals and families of diverse backgrounds and ages. We dedicate ourselves to the practice of our religious and spiritual traditions, to the study of our sacred teachings, to lifelong Jewish learning and to social action locally and globally. As a caring community, we strive to meet the spiritual, intellectual, social and cultural needs of each member of our Temple family and to create connections within our membership. We advocate full equality and encourage participation in congregational life. We support the State of Israel and Jewish people throughout the world. Learn more about TBS and our innovative programming at: https://www.tbsneedham.org/
The Hospitality Manager organizes and oversees events, coordinates rentals, welcomes new members, supervises our event staff, and supports our team of volunteer greeters. The Hospitality Manager is focused on ensuring excellent customer experience for those who join our community, enter our building each day or are hosting an event in our space.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Community & Connections
- Lead the membership process, by being a resource to prospective members, welcoming new members as they transition into our community, and supporting members in building relationships and deeper engagement within the TBS community. This professional will track these details for each member of our congregation.
- Serve as liaison to the volunteer Welcome Corps
- Ensure that main kitchen, coffee bar, and staff kitchen supplies are stocked and organized
- Create, edit and send congregational emails and newsletters
- Serve as in-house concierge, working with staff and members to plan, budget for, and evaluate Temple Beth Shalom sponsored events including holiday events, fundraisers, meetings, and community events
- Guide all processes related to programming, ticketing, and technology for the High Holy Days
- Manage master calendar and coordinate resources according to event needs
- Manage space rentals, serving as main point of contact, marketing, evaluating, tracking use and managing vendor relationships
- Ensure that all legal and industry standards for hospitality industry are met
- Maintain Community Court screens and other event signage
- Supervise event support staff including accommodator staff and Host
- Coordinate and supervise security, parking lot staff and volunteers
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- Outstanding hospitality skills - able to reflect the values of the congregation in word and deed
- Superior organization and communication skills
- Strong ability to analyze and improve existing policies and procedures, improve efficiency and facilitate change in a timely manner
- Strong ability to problem solve, prioritize, and multi-task
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive matters with discretion
- Highly professional, polished, responsible, and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and maintain a positive, calm attitude, even under pressure
- Computer literacy and desire to learn new software platforms
- Ability to hear and speak in order to exchange information in person and by phone
- Ability to see in order to read and prepare documents and monitor event activity
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally, to retrieve and store supplies
- Occasionally lifting moderate-weight objects
- Ability to be mobile in order to review set-ups and to actively manage events that are in progress
This is a Full Time position with required hours on some Saturdays and some evenings.
Temple Beth Shalom offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Temple Beth Shalom is an equal opportunity employer.
Health benefits and all those benefits for which our full time employees are eligible would be available to the person in this position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Using the email address below, please send a resume and thoughtful cover letter, describing your interest in this role and outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. Please submit both documents in either Word or PDF format, and address your cover letter to the Temple Beth Shalom Search Committee.