Project Coordinator, International Visitor Leadership Program
- Job posted by Institute of International Education
1400 K Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Coordinator, International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP) provides financial, logistical, and administrative support to IVLP teams in adherence with all sponsor, local government and IIE guidelines. The Coordinator, IVLP develops project budgets, makes travel and other logistical and administrative arrangements, processes payments, reconciles budgets and communicates extensively with various internal and external stakeholders. Using sponsor databases and IIE financial systems, the Coordinator provides financial and logistical support for all types of projects. This position prepares monthly program deliverables, and supports other administrative activities as needed.
- Prepares financial and program documents using IIE and sponsor databases. Maintains participant and financial data in databases and spreadsheets. May Support other teams during peak times or as needed.
- Coordinates with internal teams to arrange participants’ travel, per diem, project opening lunches at restaurants and tickets to cultural events.
- Coordinates with internal teams for hotels, restaurants, ground transportation and other vendors as necessary for rates, reservations, event management and accurate and timely invoices.
- May make formal presentations to participants on financial, logistical and administrative aspects of the project; distributes prepaid cards, medical coverage and ensures compliance with program requirements.
- Communicates program policies and procedures via e-mail, telephone, and in person to internal and external stakeholders.
- Troubleshoots participant and project issues related to logistics, prepaid cards and medical emergencies.
JOB REQUIREMENTS *
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Associate's degree in order to apply subject matter of a specialized technical discipline.
- Requires at least two years of related work experience.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Good organization skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to work on and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites.
- Basic understanding and interest in finance and accounting principles and logistical coordination.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and external contacts; sensitive to cultural differences when working with people from other cultures.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Minimum Education Required