Virtual Work Environment
Founded in 2001, the Massachusetts Charter Public School Association (MCPSA) serves more than 70 schools and 42,000 students. It has an extensive history of supporting and advocating for charter schools across the state and is currently in a period of exciting organizational growth. Massachusetts charter public schools are widely recognized as one of the highest performing charter sectors in the country. The mission of MCPSA is to create and protect the conditions that will enable the charter sector to thrive, contributing toward the common goal of all Massachusetts’ children having equitable access to high-quality schools.
The Director of Organizing will be responsible for building relationships across parents, teachers, and allied organizations in a range of communities to expand the base of constituents in support of charter public schools and engaged in actions that contribute to the charter movement’s ability to achieve its strategic goals.
- Work with the senior leadership team to create a cohesive strategy for public engagement
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of all organizing initiatives and priority setting
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of organizing program, including communication with stakeholders, events, and implementation of peer-to-peer and political outreach
- Create and adapt outreach materials, trainings, and tools
- Hire, manage, and coach organizers as needed
- Develop and lead trainings for staff, volunteers, as well as external trainings for local partners
- Research, identify, and assess potential partnership opportunities on an ongoing basis
- Build partnerships with allied groups, other political organizations
- Work with the Communications and Policy teams to identify opportunities for online to offline organizing
- 5+ years experience in community organizing and stakeholder engagement
- Passion for engaging parents, families, and school leaders, and increasing access to high-quality charter schools
- Strong understanding of how to meet a diverse range of constituents where they are in their communities and deeply value diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated skills in coalition building, political strategy, and campaign management
- Experience implementing a multi-layer engagement plan and messaging strategy
- Ability to work well with senior staff across departments
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent management, strategic thinking, and planning
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Existing relationships among charter schools, education reform organizations, and political organizations a plus
Location and Timing:
This full time position is available immediately and is based in Massachusetts, with some travel throughout the state required.
Notice of non-discrimination:
The Massachusetts Charter Public School Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. MCPSA does not discriminate on the basis of an individual's sex, age, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage, religion, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity and expression, disability, citizenship, veteran or military status and other personal characteristics protected by law. All applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected characteristics.
MCPSA offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, including base salary, bonus, health, dental, life and disability insurance, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
Minimum Education Required