Details: Commensurate with experience plus benefits package
712 North Wells Street
- Type of Position: Full Time
- Start Date: ASAP
- Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday- Friday from 9:00 am-5:30 pm; Nights and weekends as required.
- Location: 712 N Wells, Chicago, IL 60654
Greenheart International is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit committed to connecting people and planet to create a more peaceful and sustainable global community. We achieve our goals through a unique set of programs and initiatives fostering cultural exchange, eco-fair trade, volunteerism, consciousness and environmentalism. Greenheart encompasses four main branches: Greenheart Exchange, Greenheart Travel, Greenheart Shop, and Greenheart Transforms, as well as Transforms’ project: Global Purpose Movement.
What we’re looking for:
Are you an incredibly creative person who is passionate about videography and making the world a better place? Then this could be the job for you! Greenheart is looking for a videographer for the organization. We are seeking a team player to join our visibility team and will be our resident expert on all video related projects.
What you will be doing in this position?
The primary goal of this position is to help articulate our mission through video. This position will work on the strategy, creation and promotion of videos. They will collaborate closely with department liaisons to execute projects to ensure program success. Specific tasks of the position are outlined below:
- Craft Greenheart cinematic stories by filming, interviewing and editing new and existing Greenheart footage.
- Engage with Greenheart’s various branches in client-based work, offering creative and technical guidance to staff.
- Assist staff in developing video concepts, writing creative briefs, and planning and helping staff implement social media releases.
- Work on video pre-planning and post-production, including different versions for use in longform publications, websites and shorter versions for social platforms.
- Assist in budgeting and planning logistics for projects that involve travel alongside department liaisons.
- Collaborate with web and graphic designers to create consistent branding and a cohesive Greenheart voice.
- Refine the video planning and communication process by keeping a deadline-based production schedule while leaving room for flexibility to meet urgent requests.
- Keep up with new industry video trends and production techniques.
- Assist in creating a library of footage and Greenheart videos hosted on the Digital Asset Management (DAM) System.
- Assist Visibility liaisons in maintaining YouTube channels to ensure channels are industry standard.
- Editorial planning and production of longform e-zine stories involving video and writing to be published on the websites and featured in monthly global e-newsletter
- Assist in planning for larger editorial campaigns for digital marketing initiatives, such as longer films and organization-wide initiatives.
- Write web copy to accompany videos when necessary.
- 3+ years of experience working in the field and in the studio with audio/video recording for live events and interviews.
- Ability to shoot with professional grade cameras and DSLRs.
- Ability to be a one person team.
- Ability to use sound recording equipment (audio recorders, shotgun mics, lavalier mics).
- Basic knowledge of lighting set-ups and troubleshooting ability to resolve technical issues.
- Proficiency with non-linear editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro preferred).
- Ability to conceptualize videos and write scripts.
- Attention to detail, especially with spelling (Did you catch it?).
- Passion for consciousness, cultural exchange and volunteerism.
- Frequent travel required (domestic and international. Passport required).
- Ability to speak other languages preferred.
- Experience with After Effects a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. You would be required the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and sit or stand as necessary. Moderate physical activity is required to handle of average-weight objects up to 50 pounds. You would also be required to view a computer screen for long periods of time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Sound likes the perfect fit? Tell us WHY by filling out the application below or sending your resume and customized cover letter in PDF format to Courtney Guengerich, Human Resources Generalist, at HR(AT)greenheart(DOT)org. A cover letter is required for your application to be considered.
Due to the amount of applications processed, we ask that you do not call Greenheart International regarding this position. All qualified applicants will be contacted.
Greenheart International is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran.