Full Time Contract
Details: Varies by location, but salaries are commensurate with experience and qualifications and are in line or above the UFT teacher contract
The Charter School Incubator is a program of Great School Choices, a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that supports the development of high quality community based public schools, including public charter schools, and also collaborates with underserved communities and families elevating their voices and supporting equitable choices and access to high quality school options. Since 2009, we have incubated over 19 community-based charter schools in New York and have raised $27M to assure their continued success in closing the achievement gap.
The Incubator is a support organization that also provides talent recruitment services for our member schools, most of whom are located in all five boroughs.
Through a thoughtful and strategic process, we recruit highly-qualified teaching and school leadership candidates for vacancies in independent New York City charter schools that serve the city’s most underserved students. In addition to identifying candidates with successful experience in the classroom, we match talent with mission and culture. With a focus on supporting schools and helping teachers and potential school leaders find career matches, our comprehensive approach promotes staff satisfaction and retention.
Two charter schools in our membership are seeking School Leaders:
- A high school in the central Bronx.
- A fully-grown middle school in central Brooklyn.
If you are interested in leading one of the above schools or a charter school, we can help connect you with the schools that are the best fit for you. We are looking for:
For School Leaders (Principals, Assistant Principals, and Directors of Curriculum & Instruction):
- Experienced master educators with at least 5 years of teaching experience and demonstrated experience in promoting student achievement
- NYS certification; Masters degree strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity for results-driven yet staff-inspiring leadership, as evidenced through prior experience as a school leader, or overseeing a school department, program, or initiative that yielded significant results;
- Experience with interfacing and generating buy-in of internal staff, families, and community-based stakeholders
- High level of personal responsibility for student achievement
- Experience working with charter school and/or underserved school districts
- Commitment to education reform and closing the achievement gap
- Demonstrated and sustained record of effective teaching and responsible leadership
Varies by school, but all schools offer at least employer-supported health insurance, and 401(k) or 403(b).
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include information in your cover letter that explains your track record of success in closing the achievement gap.
Please use the subject line "Idealist - School Leader Position"
No calls. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for a more in-depth selection process.