itrek is a New York-based nonprofit whose mission is to advance an informed understanding and appreciation of Israel among rising influentials from the world’s most elite MBA, law and policy graduate programs. We recruit, mentor, and support passionate itrek leaders to lead their peers and students to visit Israel and experience her innovation, global contributions, diverse culture and complex reality.
Over the past seven years, the organization has worked with more than 335 delegations, sending over 13,500 participants, representing 76 nationalities, to Israel.
The Development Officer will primarily focus on our community of trip leaders (“itrek Leaders”) and their networks. Over the past seven years, we have had over 650 itrek Leaders bring their peers to Israel and return eager to help the organization grow The Development Officer will build out a fundraising strategy for the community of itrek Leaders, cultivating relationships and coordinating events. In addition, he or she will assist the development team in the cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of current and prospective donors. The candidate will report to the Director of Development, and be a part of the development team, with opportunities to expand his or her role.
The responsibilities of this position will include:
- Build and strengthen relationships with itrek leaders and their networks, focusing on cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Contribute and collaborate with the development team in prospecting and solicitation strategies of both current and prospective funders
- Support crowdfunding campaigns, directly working with itrek Leaders to ensure their success
- Organize events with high-level speakers for the itrek leader network
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Level of Language Proficiency
The ideal candidate has experience in fundraising. She or he has a passion for itrek’s mission and vision, and the excellent interpersonal and communication skills necessary to work effectively with management, staff, itrek leaders and donors.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Fundraising experience preferred
- Passion for and commitment to itrek’s mission
- Self-starter who can work independently and collaborate with professional colleagues and volunteer Flexible, creative and strategic thinker and hard worker
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and an understanding of fundraising software and databases
- Ability to travel and work weekends and evenings, as needed
Minimum Education Required