Part Time Contract
Details: $18 hourly - Up to 30 hours a week
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages outstanding public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. Uncommon builds uncommonly great schools by designing and implementing “best-in-class” teacher training. The organization has achieved outstanding academic results, and over 80% of our high school alumni are on track to earn a bachelor’s degree. Today we operate 52 schools across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts, and our main headquarters office where this position is located is in Manhattan, NY. To learn more about Uncommon click here uncommonschools.org/our-schools/uncommon-cities.
We are seeking a Graphic Designer to join our team for the summer season during our busiest and most exciting time of the year. The Graphic Designer will assists the Senior Associate Director in the creation of network wide marketing materials, visual internal/external communications, and creative design for all of Uncommon Schools. The position works closely with the Marketing team and other Home Office staff.
· This position will run from June through late August (start date and end dates are flexible, approximately 10 weeks)
· 30 hours per week
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Create brand aligned collateral designed to strengthen the brand amongst our internal and external audience.
· Ensure that all visual communication pieces are consistent with the Uncommon brand identity.
· Support the implementation of new print materials.
· Including all school visitor items, school signage, and school stationary.
· Concept and design a new look and feel for various social media campaigns.
· Catalog and retouch photographs from our in-house library.
· Design various infographics based on network wide data.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
· Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
· Adobe Premiere and After Effects experience a plus
· Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong attention to detail
· Solid written and verbal communication skills
· Open to and appreciative of frequent feedback
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
· Excellent organization and time management
This is a paid position. The designer will receive the tools needed to succeed, including access to a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume, cover letter, and portfolio (or link to portfolio) to: Marketing@uncommonschools.org
The subject of the email must read “Graphic Designer 2018” to be considered.