311 West 43rd Street
ABOUT THE POSITION
Over 12,000 patients are diagnosed with blood cancer in the United States for which a bone marrow transplant is the only hope for a cure. 70% of those patients relies on the Be the Match marrow registry to find a 100% compatible match. Join our team of dedicated and caring individuals to create awareness and engage the community to join the Be the Match bone marrow registry as potential bone marrow donors.Coordinates bone marrow donor registration events with special focus on colleges and universities. Seventy percent of the position requires cold calling and thirty percent requires conducting a marrow drive/public speaking events.
- Develop and coordinates relationship with colleges/universities, technical schools, corporations, patients and their families and friends, to develop bone marrow registration recruitment drives to increase the size and diversity of Be the Match, the national bone marrow registry.
- Create and maintain relationships with churches, schools & business in the five boroughs.
- Plan, organize, manage and execute donor recruitment drives.
- Manage key partnerships with organizations, other non-profits, companies and/or individuals.
- Work closely with patients, family and friends throughout the donor recruitment drive planning and event by providing training, information, guidance and motivation
- Coordinate and prepare all drive related promotion material including flyers, posters and press releases
- Submit drive results through database system and submits forms and kits to the Be the Match Registry
- Contact and maintain relationships with the local media for media coverage for drives
- Serve as Icla da Silva Foundation spokesperson in the community
- Ability to cold call and create own leads that can translate into marrow registration drives and speaking engagements. Sales experience is necessary.
- Must be able to public speak to an audience from 20-400 people and have great presentation skills.
- Experience in networking and community outreach including the use of social media methods and tools with a variety of racially and ethnically diverse communities;
- Ability to manage and motivate groups of people from different backgrounds and situations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects;
- Comfortable working independently and most of the time with little guidance
- Self-motivated and goal driven; Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), email and calendaring applications, and the Internet.
- Use of Salesforce Database a plus.
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Must have a car.
Sales, Marketing and Public Relations knowledge; Lead generation ability.
Must have a desire to learn and be willing to travel within region as needed (25%-50%), work evening/weekends as needed. Occasional national travel, 2 trips per year. Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
Health, Dental and 401K Matching
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required