Details: Hourly compensation dependent upon qualifications
50 Milk Street
About Minds Matter Boston
Minds Matter Boston is a three-year program that supports low-income, highly-motivated high school students and helps them reach their goal of attending a four year college with a robust financial aid package. Students receive one-on-one mentoring, professional ACT tutoring and the opportunity to attend an immersive college-prep summer program for two consecutive summers.
In its 15th year, Minds Matter Boston is growing toward strategic expansion and enhancements, requiring grant development as a central function of its growth.
The Grant Writer for Minds Matter Boston is a part-time, contract position that reports to the Executive Director. This individual will assist with developing and implementing a foundation and corporate grant fundraising strategy to support the organization’s initiatives and programs.The Grant Writer will provide writing and editing services to assure timely submissions of high-quality proposals and research new funding opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources;
• Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants;
• Work with Director of Finance and ED to create accurate budgets and write persuasive program narratives;
• Maintain calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Superior writing, analytical, and research skills
• Ability to communicate organization’s mission in a succinct and compelling manner;
• Ability to develop program budgets and relate to grant narratives;
• Exceptional attention to detail;
• Ability to work independently and take initiative; persistence and excellent follow through;
• Ability to identify funding opportunities for programs in areas such as college access, education, mentorship.
• Minimum of three-five years experience with grant writing, preferably in the education space;
• Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum Education Required