The Development & Events Manager will plan, coordinate and assure implementation of all major fundraising events, i.e. Gala, Walk Run Campaign, Golf Tournament(s) and Young Leadership Fall Benefit. In addition, the Development & Events Manager will also oversee our Young Leadership community on the east coast, working on engagement, event planning and fundraising with our young leadership community.
Nature and Scope of Position
Event Planning Responsibilities:
1. Plan and coordinate all east coast engagement events as well as larger scale fundraising events; both virtual and in-person
a. Major fundraising events include Gala, Young Leadership Benefit, Golf Tournament(s) and Walk Run Campaign
2. Research venues, speakers and other logistics for events
3. Run major fundraising events include Gala, Young Leadership Benefit, NY Golf Tournament and Walk Run Campaign
4. Oversee all silent/online auctions procurement, solicitations and follow up
5. Develop a comprehensive cost sheet for each event to get approvals and then work to track events revenues and expenses
6. Work with all vendors, negotiate contracts and be the point person for all logistics
7. Develop and coordinate recruitment efforts around events with team and leadership
8. Understand organization’s goal for each event and main priorities, and be comfortable with fundraising aspects of that event
9. Execute strategic plan around corporate sponsorship outreach for events
10. Work in fundraising system to compile data and lists for mailings and utilize effectively
11. Work with team on marketing materials for the event, including artwork, printed materials, and e-blasts
12. Serve as lead on Gala, including overseeing all logistics:
a. Research venues
b. Negotiate with vendors
c. Manage all relationships and execution
d. Manage costs to budget
e. Secure volunteers and staffing as needed
f. Oversee all design from invitation and event marketing materials.
Young Leadership Responsibilities:
1. Manage Ambassador Circle program
a. Identify new donors
b. meet regularly one on one with existing members
2. Organize smaller engagement and fundraising events to bring young leaders together and provide opportunity for them to introduce their networks to YRF
3. Work with young leadership on prospecting through the fiscal year to further develop the community and add additional members
4. Meet regularly with leadership (meetings and phone calls) to keep them updated on Darca and engaged with the organizations fundraising efforts
5. Send Monthly updates to the entire leadership community including updates from Darca, Upcoming events and how they can help
6. Regular intro meetings with young leadership prospects to share more about the organization and opportunities for involvement
7. Solicits contributions on behalf of the organization.
8. Assures maintenance of young leadership and prospect records, gift management systems, and informational reports.
This position requires a talented, entrepreneurial development and events specialist who will work well with a vibrant, collaborative team.
The successful candidate for this position will bring:
1. Fundraising and event planning experience or related work experience with a preference for a minimum of 3-5 years experience minimum.
2. Demonstrated experience in managing and implementing a successful, comprehensive fund development program and preparing an annual development work plan and calendar to achieve goals.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills:
a. Ability to think creatively about how to effectively engage new young donor audiences.
b. Strong oral communication, relationship building and “people” skills.
c. Track record of taking initiative and working independently.
d. Ability to be a team player.
e. Ability to multi-task and to be a quick learner.
f. Creative, detail-oriented, organized, enthusiastic and energetic
4. Commitment to organizational mission and desire to learn the field
5. Ability to travel
6. Bachelors’ degree or higher
The Development & Events Manager will plan, coordinate and assure implementation of all major fundraising events, i.e. Gala, Walk Run Campaign, Golf Tournament(s) and Young Leadership Fall Benefit. In addition, the Development &…
As a full-time employee, once you start at YRF, you will be eligible for medical and dental insurance as is offered to all full time YRF employees. Currently, the cost of a specific insurance plan is fully paid by the employer, but the employee has the option of plans and can supplement the cost difference. You are also eligible to contribute to Youth Renewal Fund’s new 403b plan; at this time, Youth Renewal Fund does not offer matching contributions. Youth Renewal Fund also participates in Transitchek, a program that allows you to use pre-tax dollars for mass transit commuting costs.
Youth Renewal Fund trusts its employees to determine for themselves, consistent with their responsibilities, how much time to take away from the workplace. Accordingly, Youth Renewal Fund does not provide a set number of vacation days and workers do not accrue vacation time. Youth Renewal Fund is likely to be closed and/or you will not be expected to work on widely observed Jewish holidays that fall during the work week. These days may include both days of Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Shemini Atzeret, Simchat Torah, the first two days of Passover, and Shavuot. If you require additional days/time off for religious observance, we will do our best to accommodate those requests. Youth Renewal Fund is also closed on secular holidays that may include New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, the Friday following Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day.
As a full-time employee, once you start at YRF, you will be eligible for medical and dental insurance as is offered to all full time YRF employees. Currently, the cost of a specific…