Planned Parenthood Keystone (PPKey) serves 37 counties in Pennsylvania, home to over half of Pennsylvania residents. We have administrative offices in the Lehigh Valley, Harrisburg, Warminster, and York. We operate 9 medical centers that serve over 22,000 patients annually and offer comprehensive sexuality education that reaches thousands of young adults.
Planned Parenthood Keystone is looking for individuals who are committed to supporting our shared goal of strengthening and enhancing our awareness and commitment to advancing the cause of racial & social justice in our organization.
Planned Parenthood Keystone is looking for a full-time, exempt Philanthropy Officer.
As a member of the Planned Parenthood Development Team, the Philanthropy Officer serves as the primary and key steward for a portfolio of current and prospective principal and major gift donors in support of Planned Parenthood Keystone. The position expectation is to meet annual revenue targets by identifying, engaging, cultivating, and ultimately soliciting principal and major gifts from regional donors, thereby advancing the organizational mission and creating meaningful impact in the lives of both donors and beneficiaries of our mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Builds and manages assigned targeted portfolio of principal and major donors and prospects with intent to form deep, lasting relationships.
- Responsible for closing a specific number of gifts each year to meet specific annual goals and objectives through personal solicitation.
- Develops tailored donor management plans, with the guidance of the Director of Development and support of the Donor Relations Manager, and personal solicitations and amplifies the annual donor engagement plan as additional touches for managed donors.
- Participates in quarterly portfolio review and adjusts donor management plans as needed. Maintains a high level of contact with prospects and donors.
- Actively prepares reports, briefing materials, correspondence, proposals and other documents related to solicitation.
- Readily engages affiliate leadership and Board members in appropriate donor activities and solicitations.
- With the support of the Donor Relations Manager, effectively stewards mid-level donors through the philanthropy pipeline through qualifying and cultivation activities.
- Works collaboratively with other development and marketing staff and other departments to create customized solicitation strategies matching the objectives of the organization and interests of the donor/prospects.
- Support stewardship and cultivation events in affiliate territory. In years where a campaign is underway, these strategies will be largely focused on campaign donors and prospects.
- In years where a campaign is underway, support and participate in volunteer committees to help identify and solicit major and leadership gifts for the capital campaign.
- Maintain accurate donor records in donor database.
- Ensure a culture that embraces diversity, fair and respectful treatment of all persons, and customer-focused delivery throughout the organization
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of fundraising experience, business development, or sales. Experience in major gift work preferred.
- Strong comfort with personal solicitation
- Computer literacy, including competency in affiliate email, Internet, and patient management systems software, if applicable to job
- Willingness to travel frequently throughout PPKeystone's territory. Reliable means of transportation
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours including weekends, early morning, and/or evening hours
- Computer literacy, including competency in affiliate email, Internet, and patient management systems software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser's Edge or Salesforce)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication, verbal & written, skills that enable work in a collaborative and multi-faceted team environment
- Previous experience of management / business practices and principles, including budgeting
- Strong commitment to the American Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Code of Ethics.
- Ability to write clear, persuasive, and informative reports, correspondence, and procedural instructions
- Ability to speak effectively to groups of employees, high-level volunteers, board members and the general public
- Ability to organize, multi-task and effectively function in a fast paced environment to set and achieve short and long term goals
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Strong commitment to quality healthcare and excellent customer service
- COVID-19 vaccination required
Values and Commitments:
- Commitment to Planned Parenthood’s mission and conviction to health equity and access to sexual and reproductive healthcare
- Understanding of racism and commitment to racial & social justice
- Awareness of multiple group identities and their dynamics, bringing a high level of self-awareness, empathy, and humility to interpersonal interactions; building of trust across diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and hear effectively across differences and reflect and act on feedback related to identity and equity with the aim to learn
- Commitment to Planned Parenthood’s In This Together service ethos, workplace values, and service standards