Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) Coordinator/Forensic Interviewer
- Job posted by Children's Advocacy Center of Suffolk County
989 Commonwealth Avenue
The Children's Advocacy Center of Suffolk County (CAC) unites public, private and community partners to promote safety, healing and justice for children exposed to violence and their families.
The CAC works closely with an array of agencies to coordinate high quality investigations and assessments of abuse concerns; provide support to children and families; provide specialized training for diverse professionals; and to prevent child abuse in our community.
The CAC MDT Coordinator/Forensic Interviewer works in a multi-agency, team environment with primary responsibility for intake and coordination of CAC services and conducting forensic interviews of children and youth.
- Intake referrals from Department of Children and Families (DCF) area offices and review cases to determine appropriateness for multidisciplinary team;
- Consult with DCF social workers, police, district attorney's office, medical providers and others regarding specific cases;
- Provide information to families regarding the multidisciplinary team response process;
- Coordinate interviews with district attorney's office, police, Pedi-SANE and DCF;
- Facilitate multidisciplinary investigative teams;
- Conduct forensic Interviews;
- Manage record-keeping, data collection and case management in NCAtrak;
- Visit DCF area offices, police departments, district attorney's office and area hospitals and others to conduct outreach and provide information and consultation to MDT partners;
- Participate in training and ongoing supervision.
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters level preferred (in human services, psychology, social work, education or related field)
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience working in child abuse required (law enforcement, social work, child protection services, or victim-related services)
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams and/or interagency collaborations
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; "ambassador-like" diplomacy
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and handle multiple priorities
- Familiarity with relevant research regarding forensic interviewing, desired.
- Passion for CAC mission.
The MDT Coordinator/Forensic Interviewer will be an employee of the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office. The position includes benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
PLEASE INCLUDE MDT COORDINATOR/FORENSIC INTERVIEWER IN SUBJECT LINE OF EMAIL.
Send Cover Letter, Resume and Salary Requirements by November 15, 2018 to:
Melissa Ganley, Operations Manager
Children's Advocacy Center of Suffolk County
989 Commonwealth Avenue Boston, MA 02215
No phone calls please.