Recruiter / Manager of Talent Acquisition (6 month full-time or part-time contract)
- Job posted by The Primary School
1765 East Bayshore Road
East Palo Alto
Join us as a Recruiter / Manager of Talent Acquisition (6 month full-time or part-time contract) at The Primary School in East Palo Alto!
ABOUT THE PRIMARY SCHOOL (TPS)
The Primary School (TPS) is a new non-profit organization dedicated to dramatically improving health and educational outcomes for children. Fueled by the belief that the current model of school is too limited to close the achievement gap for our nation’s most at risk children, TPS is designing a new model of primary education and primary care which braids together education, health, and family support services starting at birth. In doing so, the organization will expand the traditional definition of “school” in order to prepare all children to succeed in college, career, and life. TPS was seeded by the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, a major national philanthropy.
TPS’s innovative new model of support has three defining characteristics:
- Provide integrated and comprehensive services: The new school will partner with an existing health care organization. Educators and health care professionals will provide integrated academic and health (physical, mental, and socio-emotional) services to students and families.
- Begin serving children at birth: The school will admit students at or before birth, and will provide early childhood supports alongside medical care during the critical years of child development, ensuring that students are school-ready by the time they enter the elementary school grades.
- Offer two-generation supports: Families will receive services, including primary care and intensive parenting education, to help them better support their children and become healthier themselves.
We opened our first site in East Palo Alto in 2016 and currently serve 250 children (ages 0 to 5) and their families. In 2018-19, the school will serve children in four grades: Pre-K (3 year-olds); Pre-K (4 year-olds); Kindergarten; and 1st grade.
ABOUT THE ROLE
At The Primary School, we seek to build a game-changing and replicable system of care for children. This requires a community of talented and committed staff who believe deeply in the value of integrating across historically siloed systems of education, health and family supports. From generating a pipeline to maintaining a successful offer acceptance rate, the Manager of Talent Acquisition will own the entire candidate process. By understanding organizational and program priorities, hiring manager needs, and search requirements, the Manager effectively matches candidates with the roles in which they will be the most successful. The Manager of Talent Acquisition will report to the Director of Talent.
NOTE - this is a 6 month full-time or part-time contract role (25 - 40hrs/week, Nov 2018 - April 2019 with a strong possibility of extension)
- Define, design and implement the plan to find great people for a growing program and organization. In partnership with the President, Director of Talent, and other organizational leaders, translate in-depth understanding of program and organizational priorities into strategic direction, talent map, and succession plan needed to achieve staffing goals in the short and long term. Fully own recruitment for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Partner with hiring managers at all levels to develop detailed candidate profiles and hiring strategies. Develop customized job descriptions, collateral and assessment materials; lead candidate sourcing and vetting; coordinate and execute interviews; and manage offers and negotiations.
- Establish metrics to track hiring success, measure progress towards goals and adjust practices as needed. Regularly communicate progress to Director of Talent and hiring team members.
- Cultivate a pipeline by nurturing relationships with promising candidates and developing powerful dissemination practices that get the right job information to the right talent and allies.
- Build effective and scalable recruitment systems and processes. Build upon our early investments to ensure that The Primary School’s talent acquisition can effectively scale alongside the organization. Collaborate across The Primary School team to support process improvements and share best practices to meet recruiting needs.
- You have at least three years of full-cycle recruiting experience with demonstrated success in advanced sourcing, networking, and candidate research. You comfortably navigate competing priorities, exhibit executive presence, and are meticulously organized (and have the calendar and ATS account to prove it).
- You love to find the best talent. You’re constantly thinking about what the organization needs and who could fill it, and know that the ideal candidate might not necessarily be looking for a job. You seek out new networks and cultivate old ones (even in your free time; you can’t help it!), and continue to explore tools, resources and strategies that will expand your reach.
- You treat everyone like a client. Whether it’s the candidate, the hiring manager, a TPS family, or local community partner, you aim to deliver an experience that is representative of The Primary School’s values and principles, because you know that every interaction speaks to who we are. On many days you are the first and only impression that a person will have of The Primary School, and you strive to live up to that privilege.
- You get that starting a new school and organization is no easy task and are not scared - in fact, you’re energized. You know that being a one-man recruitment show is a challenge, but you have a strong perspective on how to get, keep and grow talent, and you’ve been craving the opportunity to show that it can be done. You know how to generate new ideas and have the hard skills to get those ideas off the ground. You model strong leadership and exercise judgement, and take appropriate actions where precedent may not exist.
- You are unafraid of diversity and engage confidently across differences. You believe that differences - in race, culture, gender, age, background, experiences - enrich our community and know how to bridge those differences with grace and humility.
- You are kind, humble, and collaborative. You bring a positive attitude to every interaction and always see the best in others. You have the courage to step out of your comfort zone, and when you fall, you get right back up, remember what tripped you up and unabashedly try it all over again. You have an open mind and a thirst to learn and improve, and you can’t help but wonder what it would be like to work in an environment where every door is open and feedback is second nature. Even during challenging times, you see the “small victories” and maintain constant confidence in the team’s ability to achieve with every child.
A Plus If
- You have previous experience working with nonprofits, particularly in the education, health and social services spaces.
- You have experience supporting human resources functions.
- You are an East Palo Alto or Belle Haven native and/or have experience working with a community similar to East Palo Alto and Belle Haven.
- You speak fluent Spanish.
HOW TO APPLY
Learn more & apply online via our website: https://www.theprimaryschool.org/current-opportunities/
Job Type: Contract
Minimum Education Required