1 Washington St
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
In collaboration with industry partners and practitioners, Housing Partnership Network is building a new technology platform for housing advisors. Our collective vision is to create a new ecosystem that links consumers to advisors to lending partners, streamlining the experience for consumers, increasing their access to affordable mortgage products, and creating a mechanism for counseling agencies to generate revenue for their invaluable services. This is a unique opportunity to work with leaders in the industry and shape the future of homeownership in America in a meaningful way.
The Director of Customer Service leads and manages a skilled customer service team and develops policies, procedures and strategies to maintain a consistently exceptional customer experience as we roll out our flagship product, Launchpad: a Salesforce.com-based Client Management System (CMS) application for housing advisors. The candidate must be an inventive, collaborative self-starter who thrives in the creative and fast-paced environment of a start-up and enjoys working with a diverse range of stakeholders. This position will temporarily report to the Director, Consumer Empowerment & Homeownership Pathways and will permanently report to the Executive Director, Launchpad.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop policies and procedures for customer support with input from team members.
· Lead the customer service team to ensure a consistently high-quality experience for the customer.
· Answer customer calls and respond to customer emails while the product is in its pilot phase.
· Provide technical support to customers.
· Keep records of customer interactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
· Communicate with management when customer issues relate to problems with the course architecture. Escalate to Tier 2/3 support when necessary.
· Utilize customer service software (e.g. Zendesk) to investigate and resolve user issues.
· Analyze support statistics, compile reports, make recommendations based on analysis.
· Identify support trends for ongoing product updates and improvements.
· Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction.
· Maintain broad knowledge of partner agencies and their use of Launchpad.
· Serve as primary liaison and manage relationship with third party vendor providing Tier 2 and Tier 3 application support.
· Work collaboratively with all team members to continually improve the Launchpad user experience.
· Complete other duties as requested.
· Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, business administration or related field.
· 5-10 years of management experience.
· Must care about the customer experience.
· Experience with help desk, call center or customer support roles.
· Understand and value the importance of the intersection of human experience and technology.
· Have strong interpersonal communication skills, particularly in interacting with people on the telephone. Call center or comparable experience preferred.
· Proven track record of improving processes for maximal efficiency and work flow.
· Systematic and technically thorough; accuracy and attention to detail is required.
· Highly self-motivated with excellent problem solving skills and ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a positive, focused manner.
· Well-organized with strong project management skills; the ability to manage a workload involving multiple activities, tight deadlines, and stakeholders.
· Strong technology skills, including high technical literacy, the ability to quickly learn and navigate multiple new applications and tools.
· At least a working knowledge of Salesforce.com and other CRMs.
· Experience with Zendesk or similar tool preferred.
· Act with tact and diplomacy under all circumstances, and remain composed under stress.
· Ability and desire to work in a team environment, with team members locally and in remote locations.
· Comfortable with the unpredictable: we are constantly changing and evolving.
· Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
· Some travel may be required.
· Position is based in Eastern time zone.
Minimum Education Required