205 East 122nd Street
STRIVE is a leading national workforce development agency with the mission of helping people acquire the life-changing skills and attitudes needed to overcome challenging circumstances, find sustained employment, and become valuable contributors to their families, their employers, and their communities. Based in East Harlem, New York, STRIVE programs are administered in 20 cities nationally.
The Associate Director, Institutional Giving is responsible for managing a portfolio of two million in institutional funding for non-profit for foundation, corporate, and government supporters, which is a targeted area for revenue stream growth. This is an opportunity for someone with a strong background of institutional work and a desire to connect with the donor beyond the proposal. S/he will implement strategies to ensure proper identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. This position is empowered to manage their own shop for institutional giving and will be a key member in a dynamic, energetic team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish new grant funding sources and manage a current portfolio to increase support in the overall goal of ten million in revenue.
- Identify, cultivate, and engage corporate and foundation funders, moving through the pipeline to yield multilateral partnerships, deeper engagement, and increased corporate/foundation philanthropy.
- Work with team to produce and support both federal and state grants.
- Proposal development and writing; copy-editing; proofreading; and assisting in submissions.
- Maintain a master calendar of proposal deadlines, progress reports, and final grant reports, ensuring timely submissions and adherence to deadlines.
- Work with STRIVE leadership and program staff to identify goals and strategies for institutional partners on an annual basis.
- Steward institutional donors through in-depth annual reports and generate opportunities for recognition.
- Coordinate efforts across campus to capture and demonstrate value for corporate/foundation partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum three years of Development experience with a successful track record in securing grants and corporate support upwards of $250,000 annually.
- Significant experience in grant writing and government work.
- Experience conducting stewardship activities to cultivate and maintain positive donor, corporate and foundation relationships.
- Familiarity with fundraising software (Foundation Center, Blackbaud products) are encouraged but not required.
- Knowledge of New York funding community preferred.
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft office
STRIVE considers applicants for all positions without regard to: race; color; religion; gender; national origin; age; sexual orientation; marital or veteran status; the presence of a medical condition, genetic information or handicap, unrelated to performing the tasks of the job; or any other legally protected status.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Pre-tax Commuter Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Employee Discount Program
- Training & Development
Minimum Education Required