Details: $42K per year, and excellent benefits package
Strategic Energy Innovations - San Rafael, CA
Strategic Energy Innovations (SEI) is seeking a highly organized individual to join our team as a full-time administrative assistant for a hiring start date of April 2018. The ideal candidate is energetic, friendly, self-starting, methodical, extremely organized, flexible and calm under pressure. We are seeking a long-term staff member with excellent problem-solving skills, good judgment, the ability to manage multiple changing priorities, and sense of humor is a must. The Administrative Assistant will support and be supervised by the Operations Director, helping to manage day-to-day activities for our team of fifteen staff members.
About SEI And our Programs
We are a non-profit organization with a 20-year history, dedicated to actions that sustain our planet. SEI creates green communities by designing sustainability programs around four key sectors that make up the foundation of all communities: education, housing, government, and the workforce. And because we understand the many facets of sustainability, we’re able to see the big picture and pinpoint opportunities to help these communities reach their goals, reduce their consumption of natural resources and enjoy quantifiable savings. Our staff works within teams to support each other on projects and to creatively develop new and effective models. For more information about SEI’s programs visit our website at www.seiinc.org.
Responsibilities WILL INCLUDE:
· Provide general and varied administrative support to the Operations Manager as well as a 20-person program staff. Proactive general problem solving and follow-through on varied tasks to completion required.
· Screen incoming telephone calls, assist public and clients, greet guests.
· Provide outreach, special project, and clerical support to program staff, as needed. May assist project teams with special projects, such as coordinating meeting and workshop logistics, venues, catering, making travel arrangements, outreach via phone and email to speakers and/or participants. General work on any of our programs that arises from time to time.
· Assist Bookkeeper with copying and organizing receipts, tracking program reimbursements, prepare materials for invoicing.
· Inventory and maintain SEI computer, media, and other equipment, maintain and monitor sign out systems.
· Post open SEI and program job and volunteer positions at all outlets and university sites, update and maintain job posting outlet list. May include drafting position announcements and applicant testing.
· Processing of HR paperwork.
· Help to coordinate SEI internal and outward facing events. This includes monthly staff potluck gatherings, annual Board and Staff retreats, other program events and celebrations and gatherings.
· Maintain shipping accounts and outbound postage meter.
· Oversee printers/copiers and monthly reports and related supplies.
· Coordinate kitchen maintenance schedule by staff and provide for periodic restocking of basic supplies.
· Organize and provide for regular ordering for office supplies.
· Maintain general office and conference room organization and staff usage schedule.
· Special projects may include data entry and maintenance of databases and lists for programs and for the organization.
· Manage agency storage units and maintain storage inventory documents.
· Additional duties and projects to be added as responsibilities increase.
The successful candidates will the following qualities, skills, and experience:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or at least 5 years administrative experience
· Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
· High skill level and knowledge of Mac systems, Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Experience with Filemaker, Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, web design software or willingness to learn new software desired.
· Project management skills are a plus
· Strong organizational and administrative experience and skills a must
· Human Resources experience a plus
· Ability to multi-task and be flexible to happily handle frequent interruptions and redirections, as necessary
$42K per year, and excellent benefits package
Email cover letter and resume to us at Jobs734@seiinc.org. Please indicate in your cover letter your availability to start.
No phone calls, please. Strategic Energy Innovations is an equal opportunity employer.
Excellent benefits package
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Email cover letter and resume to us at Jobs734@seiinc.org. Please indicate in your cover letter your availability to start.