Junior Achievement of New York's (JA New York) mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in the global economy. We are in the business of empowerment. Our programs focus on three key content areas — financial literacy, entrepreneurship, and work/college readiness. A dedicated network of corporate, community and student volunteers teach our high-quality K-12 curricula in-school, after-school and in workplace settings.
JA New York serves the five boroughs of New York City; Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island; and Westchester, Rockland, Putnam and Orange counties in the lower Hudson Valley. It is the local affiliate of Junior Achievement USA, the nation’s oldest and largest economic education organization. Our organization is headquartered in midtown Manhattan and includes satellite offices on Long Island and in Westchester. In 2019 we reached more than 100,000 students in 330+ schools across the region.
The Senior Manager for Marketing and Communications reports to the VP for Resource Development and Communications.
The Senior Manager for Marketing & Communications will provide creative, strategic leadership in promoting Junior Achievement of New York (JA New York) and its programs. This individual is a vital member of the Resource Development and Communications team, helping to lead JA New York’s communications efforts via digital marketing and fundraising, brand awareness, collateral development, special event support and media relations.
In consultation with the senior management team and departmental staff, as well as the JA Branding and Communications leadership team of our parent organization, JA-USA, the Senior Manager develops and implements an annual plan for Marketing and Communications, which will set out objectives, strategy and tactics for each area of responsibility.
The Director coordinates visibility efforts to satisfy corporate funding requirements which require excellent customer service both to funders and the program staff that manage those portfolios. S/he/they are a resource and liaison between the Program and Development Departments, generating and archiving program success stories – in a range of formats including text, photo and video. S/he/they are also charged with the development of communications messages and content that not only informs but engages, generating greater funding and volunteer resources.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
· Manage and develop strategies to increase engagement and reach on all social media platforms
· Plan and execute digital communications, including e-newsletters, e-blasts and giving appeals
· Oversee, edit and update and maintain website content
· Develop print publications and collateral, including annual report, brochures, signs, and flyers; and work with external designers on layout and production
· Oversee production of photo and video content for all communication channels and donor stewardship requirements
· Craft media messaging for press releases, pitches, talking points and speeches for JA New York staff
· Maintain communications analytics and report quarterly to senior team and Board Brand Awareness Committee
· BA/BS in Marketing/Communications Arts, Advertising, Public Relations, English, or related field
· Be a creative person who can unlock the potential of great social and digital marketing for JA
· Approximately three - five years in marketing/communications
· Strong copy and creative writing, analytics, project timeline management and interpersonal skills
· Hands on experience preferred with the following:
· Ability to interact effectively with Board members, donors, media, the public and colleagues at all levels
· “Hands-on” multitasker, with ability to work well under pressure and within a modest budget
Applications with a cover letter will receive priority review. If your work experience does not specifically align with the position listed, please include a description in your cover letter how your experience might position you for success in the role. Salary range expectations would be appreciated.
Junior Achievement of New York's (JA New York) mission is to inspire and prepare young people to succeed in the global economy. We are in the business of empowerment. Our programs focus on three key content areas — financial…
Excellent Benefits Package
Excellent Benefits Package