Civil Practice Assistant Office Manager (Brooklyn)
- Job posted by The Legal Aid Society - New York City
Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Legal Aid Society's Civil Practice has an Assistant Office Manager position available in the Brooklyn Neighborhood Office. The Assistant Office Manager will assist the Office Manager in the smooth operation of the neighborhood, courthouse and satellite offices. These duties include, but are not limited to, facility issues, purchasing, expense reports, petty cash, client escrow accounts, leave accrual, and the application of Society-wide policies and procedures.
* Assist in the oversight of day-to-day operations
* Assist in hiring, training, disciplinary actions and work flow issues
* Liaise with building management, vendors, agencies, and the courthouse community as needed
* Foster and maintain relationships with counterparts in the various other offices and departments
* General administrative functions
* Ensure the proper implementation of office procedures and policies
* Generate and maintain reports
* Provide administrative coverage when needed
* Other duties as assigned
* Administrative experience preferred
* Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
* Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office is mandatory
* Ability to balance, prioritize workload, and problem-solve
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required