HMIS Program Manager (Homeless Management Information System)
- Job posted by Homeless Services Network of Central Florida
4065 L B McLeod Road
The mission of the Homeless Services Network of Central Florida (HSNCFL) is to support effective coordination, collaboration, and delivery of a comprehensive and integrated system of services designed to ensure that any experience of homelessness in Orange, Osceola, or Seminole Counties is brief, rare and well-documented. The Homeless Services Network (HSN) of Central Florida is the lead agency for the Central Florida Continuum of Care FL-507.
The Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) Program Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of the HMIS team members for Continuum of Care FL-507and reports to the Deputy Director for Continuum of Care. The HMIS Program Manager also sits on various interdepartmental working groups and supports the ongoing activities of Continuum of Care FL-507’s committees pertaining to HMIS and System Performance Measures. This position provides direct support to the Executive Leadership team to complete and submit the Notice of Funds Availability (NOFA) grant application to the U.S. Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and other grant applications as applicable.
A highly motivated social service professional with at least 5 years’ experience leading teams; this person will have the capacity to understand big picture goals, develop medium term strategies and identify short term actions. Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences or a related field is required, an advanced degree preferred. Ideal candidate will also have professional or educational experience working with information processing systems. This person must be passionate about HSN’s mission and able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission and values of HSN to external and internal stakeholders.
· Demonstrated experience leading teams, personnel development, and managing team dynamics.
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office Suite and/or Google Apps.
· Experience or a combination of experience and education in social services field.
· Able to research the latest HUD HMIS Data Standards and Data Dictionary and Reporting Requirements.
· Demonstrated experience in the evaluation of internal and external data requests.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze and present summary results to Executive Leadership, Continuum of Care Committees, and local jurisdictions.
· Ability to attend (traveling may be required) trainings, conferences, meetings, forums, and webinars related to HMIS.
· Demonstrated experience in the analysis of reports.
· Ability to follow oral and written instructions accurately.
· Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
· Ability to work independently without supervision and in team environments.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Hold a valid driver license in accordance with HSN’s Motor Vehicle Policy.
$55,000 - $65,000
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, resume and a writing sample to HSNTeam@hsncfl.org with HMIS Program Manager in the subject line. Or submit to HMIS Program Manager; HSN; 4065 L.B. McLeod Road, Suite D, Orlando, FL 32811. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Interviews begin the week of October 1st 2018 and continue until filled.
Veterans, Persons of Color, and Formerly Homeless Persons Encouraged to Apply
Homeless Services Network of Central Florida [HSN] provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, HSN complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Health, Disability, PTO, Retirement Matching,
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit cover letter, and resume HSNTeam@hsncfl.org with HMIS Program Manager in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted until position is filled. Interviews begin the week of October 1st 2018 and continue until filled.