Ryan Banks Academy is seeking an experienced Humanities teacher that is interested in becoming part of the founding faculty.Our academic program aims to create innovative thinkers who are college, career and entrepreneur ready by inspiring and empowering our students to lead a life of creativity and to take responsibility for their own learning both in and outside of school. Using an integrative approach to teaching history and literature, it is the responsibility of the founding teacher to assist Ryan Banks students to acquire knowledge and develop reading comprehension, writing, and research skills to learn how to drive innovation within their immediate communities and beyond. The founding Humanities teacher will create an experiential based focused academic program where students will be exposed to environments that allow them to explore and experiment, see things from new perspectives, ignite an innate sense of curiosity and exploration, and to collaborate with others in order to solve complex problems and accomplish life goals.
· Work collaboratively with the Head of School and other founding faculty members to design, implement, and
manage curriculum and assessment of school performance goals.
· Design a creative and innovative Humanities program.
· Promote and monitor the academic and personal growth of Ryan Banks Academy Students
· Direct remedial education, accelerated education, and presentations of learning.
· Assist in cultivating and delivering the Social-Emotional Learning curriculum.
· Assume active responsibility for daily, weekly, monthly, and ongoing school-wide programming.
Instructional Leadership Role:
· Participate in fundraising, development, and public relations activities
· Assist in interviews and hiring decisions for future faculty members.
· Work collaboratively with the Head of School to build a school-wide strategic plan.
· Participate in the formulation, implementation, and enforcement of school rules and regulations
· Cultivate and forge strategic partnerships for increased funding, extracurricular opportunities, and internship
· Track record of producing academic achievement in an urban setting, both in the classroom and as an
· Experience executing and leading project-based learning
· Ability to use technology to engage, celebrate, document, and share student learning
· Demonstrated track record of embracing high expectations and standards- personally and professionally
· Views social and emotional coaching as inextricable from teaching
· Ability to appropriately and positively engage with parents
· Strong willingness to collaborate with others, and enthusiasm for working in a start-up culture.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover Letter
- Brief statement of philosophy regarding
○ Your interest working in urban education
○ Ways in which your qualifications can assist Ryan Bank Academy achieve its goal of becoming the first
urban boarding school in Chicago.