Details: This role will be compensated based on experience and qualifications.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health (LMH) saves lives in the world's most remote communities by partnering with governments to bring critical primary care services to the doorsteps of people living in the last mile. Last Mile Health is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
General Position Summary
The Research & Evaluation Officer supports the execution of LMH’s research & evaluation strategy through field coordination/management, data analysis, manuscript development, dissemination. This position will work closely with the Director of RM&E and Data Analyst, and will be critical in terms of measuring the relative effectiveness of various components of the CHW program, improving the quality of patient care, and scientifically evaluating the program’s overall impact.
Essential Job Functions
- Participate in the design, field implementation, and quality assurance of new and ongoing research studies designed to measure the impact and improve the effectiveness of Last Mile Health programs.
- Participate in a number of data analysis efforts involving multiple analysts, author findings reports, and disseminate results amongst internal team members.
- Work closely with the Director of RM&E, R&E Manager, RM&E Senior Technical Advisors, and organizational leadership to plan and execute on our research agenda and publish findings in peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Provide general research and evaluation capacity-building to the broader RM&E team.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, such as public health, required
- Advanced science or public health degree (e.g. biostatistics), preferred
- Previous work on M&E teams or large-scale public health research projects
- At least one years’ experience working on research, evaluation, and/or analysis activities for healthcare organizations
- Advanced skill with quantitative methods, including study design and programmatic evaluation
- Significant experience with data analysis or working with statistical software required, with Stata preferred
- Experience with the implementation and analysis of complex sample surveys, preferred.
- Research experience, including writing high-quality research publications and disseminating results to various stakeholders, preferred
- Experience coordinating data analysis teams preferred
- Excellent analytic thinking skills and the ability to make sense of large amounts of data
- Prior experience in a remote setting and willingness to travel to various program sites as needed
Expected Start Date: June 1, 2018
Compensation: This role will be compensated based on experience and qualifications.
Minimum Education Required