Details: Compensation is commensurate on experience and qualifications.
Passionate About Civil Rights?
Join Fair Housing Napa Valley & Fight Housing Discrimination!
Position: Education & Outreach Coordinator
(Full-Time, Spanish-speaking strongly preferred)
About Fair Housing Napa Valley
The Greater Napa Valley Fair Housing Center (Fair Housing Napa Valley) is a non-profit, civil rights agency that serves all residents of Napa County and the City of Vallejo. FHNV has promoted fair and equal housing opportunities through counseling, enforcement, and investigating complaints of housing discrimination for over 15 years. FHNV also offers comprehensive housing counseling and dispute resolution services to tenants, landlords and managers of rental properties. FHNV is the only agency in Napa County where residents can obtain impartial comprehensive fair housing counseling, information, referral, and mediation services. For more information about FHNV, please visit our website at www.napafairhousing.org or check out our Facebook page.
The Education and Outreach Coordinator will educate the public and promote community awareness of FHNV’s programs and services, resident fair housing protections and rights, and other relevant programs and services to the Napa and Vallejo communities. This is a full-time (40 hours) position, and ongoing training is provided. This is a challenging and rewarding position that offers an opportunity to effect change in people’s lives on a daily basis, making Napa County a better and more diverse place to live. You will be challenged, you will develop a broad range of skills, you will work with a diverse and dedicated team, and you will have fun!
· Carry out FHNV’s education and outreach-related grant activities in a timely manner, including: public trainings/ workshops, collaborative efforts with FHNV partners, community outreach events, and related tasks regarding FHNV programs and services;
· Grow FHNV’s online footprint (website and social media);
· Maintain and manage relevant agency program data for grant reporting purposes;
· Impartially provide information and referral for a variety of housing-related issues over the phone and for walk-in clients;
· Contribute to program development and work collaboratively with other agency personnel and other nonprofit agencies;
· Support FHNV team members as needed, including answering phones, data recording and compilation, activity report writing, and attending meetings.
· Assist in other projects as assigned to further the interests and mission of the agency;
· This position requires the use of a car and a valid California driver’s license; some infrequent non-traditional work hours for enforcement activities;
· Experience in social service or public entity and on behalf of civil rights protections preferred;
· Candidate must have a demonstrated desire and commitment to work on behalf of civil rights protections, and diverse individuals and groups without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, familial status, or disability;
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, including public speaking; Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred;
· Understand and interpret federal and state fair housing statutes and regulations for dissemination to the public;
· Ability to work effectively with a diverse community;
· Must be computer proficient. Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel and experience with related databases are strongly preferred;
· Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills, and a capacity to work independently, proactively, and without close supervision;
· Ability to meet multiple project deadlines and maintain accurate records;
· Highly motivated, and capable of working in a busy environment;
· Creative problem-solving skills and a strong desire to help people;
Fair Housing Napa Valley offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, long-term disability insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish Speaking Strongly Preferred
Minimum Education Required