3 West Main Street, Suite 212
About Student Advocacy
Student Advocacy is a powerful and effective voice for families with students who are struggling in school and at-risk for failing or dropping out. Using our legally-based, problem-solving approach, we ensure that students receive the education to which they are legally entitled and which enables them to succeed. The agency was founded as a non-profit in 1982 and has a proven record of transforming children’s educational experiences, getting children on track to school success.
The Development Director must have a strong commitment to Student Advocacy’s mission. Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Development Director will spearhead development efforts as Student Advocacy continues to grow and execute Student Advocacy’s annual fundraising plan.
- Develop Student Advocacy’s annual fundraising plan including revenue projections
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations including:
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Oversee special events including our annual Overcoming the Odds Awards dinner
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Oversee direct mail campaign
- Effectively engage the Board of Directors in development, supporting Board committees including the Overcoming the Odds Dinner Committee and the Development Committee
- Developing and tracking proposals and reports for foundation and corporate fundraising
- Manage the donor database and oversee staff responsible for data entry, gift processing and reconciliation between database and bookkeeping
- Assist in the development and implementation of Student Advocacy’s strategic plan as related to development
- Support communication through social media
- Supervise the Development Manager and Development Associate
- Bachelor’s degree required, MA (a plus)
- 4+ years in development
- Proven track record of fundraising success.
- Effective use of fundraising software; knowledge of Bloomerang
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial and communication skills
This is a full-time salaried position offered on a flex-time schedule. Student Advocacy offers a competitive benefits package including paid leave and health care coverage.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please send a thoughtful cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the contact information for three references to Student Advocacy’s Executive Director, Lisa Syron at: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
No phone calls please.
Student Advocacy is an equal opportunity employer based on our belief that a diverse staff strengthens the quality of our service.