Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since 1973, Ayuda has provided critical services on a wide range of issues, in the process acquiring nationally recognized expertise in several fields including immigration law, language access, domestic violence and human trafficking. Ayuda has office locations in Washington, DC, Silver Spring, MD and Fairfax, VA.
WHY YOU WANT THIS JOB?
Because, just like everyone at Ayuda, you believe:
• In seeing communities where all immigrants succeed and thrive in the United States.
• In the overall success of our organization and all our programs.
• That families should be healthy and safe from harm.
• That all people should have access to professional, honest, and ethical services, regardless of ability to pay or status in this country.
• That diversity and equality make this country better.
WHAT WILL THIS JOB ENTAIL?
Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Work with organizational partners to arrange dates and locations for educational outreach presentations concerning legal services provided by Ayuda;
• Coordinate outreach materials and strategies with input from organizational partners to ensure potential clients are aware of and able to attend Ayuda’s outreach activities;
• Present at educational outreach events hosted in collaboration with partnering organizations at locations convenient to our client community on immigration options and Ayuda’s legal services;
• Assist in recruiting volunteers & interns to assist Ayuda in providing legal services;
• Report to funders as needed on progress achieved under federal, foundation and local grants;
• Respond to media inquiries for information about Ayuda’s services and projects;
• Screen potential clients for eligibility for individual assessments at consultation clinics and in-office consults;
• Develop and implement client satisfaction survey to collect feedback to ensure Ayuda remains continually responsive to client needs;
• Maintain client statistics using internal database;
• Provide other administrative/paralegal support as assigned.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU CAN DO THIS JOB?
• Bilingual Spanish skills required;
• Strong organizational and time-management skills;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to work independently and as part of a diverse, multidisciplinary team;
• Experience working with immigrants a plus;
• Experience working with survivors of trauma a plus; and
• Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, and economic justice.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary is commensurate with experience and consistent with Ayuda’s legal staff salary scale. Ayuda’s compensation includes a robust benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance, long-term disability insurance, life and AD&D insurance as well as an employer-provided retirement match. All federal holidays are observed, and Ayuda offers paid leave for the week of Christmas through New Year’s Day in addition to generous sick and vacation leave, three personal days per calendar year, and three floating holidays to allow for flexibility in religious or cultural observances. This position is exempt for overtime purposes.
Please apply with resume and cover letter. Writing samples may be requested.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Apply early for full consideration. No phone calls, please.
Ayuda is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We value a diverse workforce and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of underrepresented communities.
Ayuda is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to providing direct legal, social and language access services, education, and outreach to low-income immigrants in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Since…