Details: Exempt. Salary is commensurate with experience.
1600 Duke Street
The Communications and Advocacy position will assist with building public awareness of the Foundation’s activities and programs through:
- E-blast communications across divisions that support the Foundation’s marketing and communications objectives
- Assisting with the Foundation’s advocacy activities and initiatives, including grassroots outreach and communications
- Administration and oversight of the Foundation’s general editorial calendar, ensuring communications are timely and properly timed.
- General maintenance and oversight of content on the Foundation blog
- Coordinating daily social media activity on all platforms while increasing Foundation’s presence and brand recognition
- Organizing Foundation educational materials and order shipments
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Oversees the Foundation’s general editorial calendar.
- In consultation with the Managing Director of External Affairs and Marketing/PR Coordinator, coordinates and implements the social media efforts of the Prevent Cancer Foundation®, ensuring that key messaging, timeliness and relevant information is included.
- Works with the Managing Director of External Affairs and Marketing/PR Coordinator on setting timelines for strategic communications and content for event, conference and campaign communications.
· Responsible for creating and distributing communication e-blasts across all divisions, including the e-newsletter, event and conference promotions and other email communications as requested.
· Creates timely and informative content on an ongoing basis for the Foundation blog, which includes working with Externals Affairs team, all divisions, the Foundation’s President and Founder, Medical Advisory Board and research.
· Writes clear, concise copy for the Foundation’s print and digital publications in line with Foundation branding and style requirements.
- In consultation with the Director, Policy and Advocacy, sets strategic plan for communications with Foundation advocates, and coordinates grassroots communications and outreach activities including action alerts, informational updates and general online advocacy efforts.
- Assist in representing the Foundation as necessary in advocacy related coalitions, campaigns and various public health events.
· Serves as content editor for the Foundation, including but not limited to digital, print and social media communications.
· Conducts research and reviews guidelines and statistics on cancer to keep Foundation materials, website and blogs up-to-date.
· Performs special projects as requested.
· BA/BS with 0-5 years related experience.
· Strong interpersonal, administrative and organizational skills.
· Strong project management skills.
· Strong writing and editing skills, knowledge of AP Style preferred
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Familiarity with Online Express email marketing software or similar platform, the Wordpress Content Management System and social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
Conveniently located near the King Street Metro Stop, the Prevent Cancer Foundation offers a generous benefits package that includes healthcare, 401(k) participation, paid vacation, sick leave and federal holidays.
Minimum Education Required