80 Pine Street
The National Urban League’s Marketing & Communications department is currently seeking an experienced, creative and well-rounded Digital Designer. Under the direction of the Senior Director of Digital Strategy & Social Media, the Digital Designer will help evolve the organization’s look + feel with creative that offers up modernity at its finest and high visual impact. The Digital Designer should display competency, strength and expertise in new media as well as traditional marketing. Display a varied and critical-thinking skillset that covers both static and motion [Ex. Video editing, animation or motion graphics etc.], the position will focus on:
Social Media + Digital Creative
Infographics [both static + motion]
Quote Cards [both static + motion]
Countdown Cards [both static + motion]
Instagram Stories [both static + motion]
Resizing Assets [both static + motion)
Creating t 1x1 + 16:9 Videos [Editing Etc.]
Digital Banners + Ads + Lower Thirds
Front-end Websites Designs
Booklets, Pamphlets + Takeaways
PowerPoint Templates + One Sheets
Event Signage [Ex. Posters, Displays Etc.]
Bus or Car Wraps
- Creating decks, and other marketing materials with very quick turnaround.
- Building front-end mockups of high impact digital ad units.
- Provides a process-driven approach to design
- Driving high quality creative outputs in digital, video, print, and illustration for the brand
- Displays design excellence in social media, digital and traditional marketing.
- Designing front-end custom websites, wireframes, app creative and platforms.
- Collaborative, able to ideate and construct ideas within a team-based design environment.
- Highly organized with a tremendous attention to detail.
- Has the ability to deliver on deadline with complete accuracy.
- Possesses an eye for branding consistency, with the ability to ensure identity guidelines are applied across the organization.
- Strong understanding of user experience, web design principles, information architecture, and social media.
- Exceptional visual research and storyboarding skills.
- Familiarity with the usage and capabilities of HTML, XHTML, CSS as well as other web development/production tools.
- Knowledge of print production techniques and file preparation for web, offset and digital applications.
- Strong sense of layout design, page structure and working knowledge of typography.
- Experience in preparing and packaging files for printers, vendors and web developers.
- Mastery of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Proficient in After Effects and Premiere.
- Expertise in presentation design within PowerPoint, Prezi and Keynote.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Familiarity with the digital landscape and on-platform trends.
- Awareness of new developments in design, marketing, and advertising.
- Obsessed with details, well-organized, and capable of meeting deadlines while juggling multiple projects.
- Collaborative within a team-driven process, but also confident working independently.
- A flexible disposition with the ability to take direction quickly and adjust in a continuously changing environment.
- Possesses the ability to effectively report progress and meet challenging deadlines.
- The ability to manage up in communicating progress on projects or challenges.
- A passion and drive to maintain high standards and ensure high quality, best work is presented.
- Possesses a love for information design and community.
- A fondness for composition and photography.
- Technically solid with the ability to illuminate ideas and visualize design stories across a variety of media.
- Able to travel 25%
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply: Submit your resume, cover letter & writing sample by clicking here: http://bit.ly/digitaldesigner3
Deadline to apply: March 30, 2018
National Urban League is an Equal Opportunity Employer