6216 North Clark Street
This position will primarily be responsible for transitioning clients and students into jobs and career pathways. The specialist will lead workshops that focus on different aspects of job placement, develop materials about career options, and invite representatives from local college. S/he will facilitate training and Bridge programs to meet with students as well as educate Adult Education staff and instructors about career options. Most of time with clients will be spent in individual case management. This position is 40 hours a week with some evening hours.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Research local training programs, bridge programs, and educational options.
- Facilitate Centro Romero Mentorship and Internship Programs
- Counsel students on career and educational options including how to finance future education.
- Assist students with résumé and cover letter development, conduct mock interviews, and other job readiness preparation through workshops and 1-on-1 consultations.
- Maintain case files for individual clients.
- Facilitate Centro Romero Employer Partner Program by building relationships with employers to create a pipeline from the organization to employment opportunities.
- Accompany students on tours of colleges and career training programs.
- Develop materials for students about education and career options.
- Conduct presentations regarding career and education options to Adult Education classrooms
- Invite representatives from training programs and colleges to present information to students.
- Present research and materials to program staff and instructors.
- Assist students with targeted job searching and job placement.
- Keep track of clients who have exited the program and track progress.
- Prepare to teach a Career Foundations course at least twice a year to English language learners.
- Use Microsoft Excel to track and report client data.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Spanish required.
Minimum Education Required