Remote Contract - Learning Consultant (Instructional Designer & eLearning Developer)
551 Adelaide Street West
Title: Remote Contract - Learning Consultant (Instructional Designer & eLearning Developer)
Department: Program Department
Partners with: Project Manager, Head of Learning Services
The Learning Consultant works collaboratively with the Learning Services team and Operational Centres to scope, design and develop focused learning and performance solutions that support MSFs strategic initiatives. This contractor will work in partnership with the Project Manager and Head of Learning Services in defining and designing learning solutions for medical and non-medical topics to enable the achievement of operational objectives impacting patients around the world.
The Program Department, led by the Director of Programs, advances the link between Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Canada and MSF's operational needs regarding medical and humanitarian issues. Learning Services is part of the Program Department and responsible for providing consulting and production services related to workforce development and learning solutions, with a general focus on technology-driven solutions. The Program Department and Learning Services also collaborates with other international humanitarian NGO's, Government institutions and think tanks to raise awareness and engagement.
· Support the development of project-specific learning strategies that include both the tactics and approach necessary to build the skills, knowledge, capabilities, and behaviours required to deliver to the operational outcomes of the learning initiative
· Partner with stakeholders and subject matter experts at MSF Canada and MSF international offices to understand the organization needs to be solved and determine options/approaches to deliver the needed learning solution
· Consult on comprehensive learning solutions in collaboration with key stakeholders to enhance organizational effectiveness and employee performance in delivering exceptional service and support Operational Centres and other internal audiences
· Scope, design, and develop effective learning solutions after aligning on an approach using best-in-class methodologies, leveraging a variety of delivery channels such as eLearning, web-based, async/synchronous, etc.)
· Produce SCORM objects using course authoring software. For example, Captivate, Camtasia, Sotoryline, LMS interfaces as needed.
· Leverage existing graphic and video assets and design or adapt relevant graphics and videos as needed.
Education and Experience
· Post-secondary degree in Adult Education or related field
· 7 to 10 years experience encompassing all learning and development areas including design, development and evaluation
· CTDP certification considered an asset
· At least initial experience with eLearning authoring software (Storyline and others) is essential.
· Experience with others tools (Microsoft, Creative Suite) considered an asset.
Skills and Competencies
· Strong listening, oral, and written communication skills
· Demonstrated consultative approach and the ability to effectively build relationships across all levels of the organization
· Strong analytical skills – must be able to gather and synthesize information in order to identify key themes and performance gaps
· Strong attention to detail with copy editing experience
· Proficient in leveraging technology to advance learning initiatives
· MSF Canada Staff
· International MSF colleagues
· Not required
Minimum Education Required