Details: We expect to pay in the $15.00-$16.00 per hour range with pay dependent upon qualifications and experience.
821 University Avenue
The Membership Assistant will contribute to Wisconsin Public Television’s fundraising success by ensuring timely and accurate processing of donations and providing administrative support for the membership program.
In addition to regular daytime office hours, this position staffs pre-scheduled evening and weekend shifts during membership drives, which take place mainly in March, August and late November/early December. Regular work hours are also required around calendar year-end into early January, a time of peak workload. This position works out of Vilas Hall on the UW-Madison campus.
1. Data Processing (50%)
· Direct mail receipt entry
o Accurately enter donation receipts.
o Monitor direct mail schedule for timely data entry.
o Review donor information, make address, e-mail and name corrections to account as necessary.
o Infer and make decisions on donor intent when vague or unclear on reply forms.
o Follow protocol for security of personal information.
· Process matching gifts and donations made through alternative giving platforms (e.g. vehicle donations) as requested.
2. General Membership Program Support (45%)
· Print and stuff mailings to members or other constituents.
· Supervise data entry by volunteers and call center representatives during on-air membership drives, filling pre-assigned evening and weekend shifts.
· Correct and format member data for entry into constituent database.
· Accurately enter constituent information (e.g. demographic data, records of engagement with WPT) in constituent database.
· Support WPT Store and membership thank-you gift fulfillment as requested.
3. Other Duties as assigned (5%)
Essential Job Functions
· Process membership transactions, manipulate data and manage member records with exceptional accuracy and timeliness to meet deadlines.
· Use software for communication and data processing.
· Handle member information with discretion and in accordance with data security protocols.
· Communicate clearly and positively with staff, volunteers and members.
· Work productively in a shared workspace with moderate background noise.
· Work at a computer for several hours at a time.
· Exceptional attention to detail to process thousands of time-sensitive member transactions annually, with efficiency and a high degree of accuracy.
· Ability to use and quickly learn common office software (Microsoft Office, databases).
· Self-management skills to carry out tasks and meet deadlines independently.
· Ability to communicate effectively and positively, both verbally and in writing.
· Resiliency to manage stress in times of heavy workload.
· Commitment to respectful, open workplace communications.
· Availability and willingness to work evening and weekend hours during membership drives.
· Prior success in a role that included significant data entry, either paid or volunteer.
· Prior experience using a donor or customer database.
· Appreciation for the services and mission of public broadcasting.
The University of Wisconsin offers a comprehensive benefits package; for more information see: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/download/summaries/Univ-staff.pdf.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For best consideration, please apply by 10/9/18 through www.careers.wisconsin.edu. If you are a current UW System employee use http://bit.ly/2n9AibS. This is job #14740.
Please submit all of the following: A 1-2 page cover letter detailing how your experience relates to the job duties and qualifications for this position, a detailed resume, and contact information (including e-mail address) for at least three references, including one supervisory reference.
A criminal records review will be conducted for final candidates. In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the University of Wisconsin does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record. Convictions and pending charges will be considered only if they are substantially related to the circumstances of this position.
Employment is contingent on establishment of identity and verification of employment eligibility as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
It is the policy of the University to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. If you require an accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact the person listed above.
WPT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and no qualified applicant will be eliminated from consideration. WPR is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and to maintaining an atmosphere of diversity and inclusion. We want our staff and programming to reflect the rich culture and diversity of our state and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.