District of Columbia
PROTECTING OUR ENVIRONMENT WITH INTELLIGENCE. The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA) is a 501(c)(3) independent, international, non-profit advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C. with more than a quarter century record of causing systemic change to protect the Earth’s environment. Over the past 25 years, EIA has established unique methods, including pioneering the use of undercover investigations, and audio and video recordings to expose environmental crime and drive change.
EIA is seeking a Media Production Assistant to work with the EIA Communications Team on specific campaigns and projects. The successful candidate will relish the opportunity to create media products and play an integral role in communications initiatives.
Primary Supervisor: Media Production Manager
Secondary Supervisor: Head of Communications
This position will entail a range of activities including:
- Assist in the production of video and photography projects
- Assist in strategizing and executing various media launches including reports, videos, new campaign initiatives, website, and social
- Create original content in the form of graphics and text for website and social media
- Catalogue new and archival media files (photos, videos, etc)
- Support Comms Team to upload to, and manage EIA website
- Work with each of EIA’s three campaign teams (Forests, Wildlife, and Climate) on miscellaneous research tasks as needed
- Assist in organizing media assets
- Support Comms Team in organizing, updating, and maintain media databases, including media files, reporter lists, and news archives
· Bachelors Degree required, Masters preferred
· 1-2 years experience in related field
· Experience with video production and editing
· Experience with photography
· Ability to multitask and change focuses quickly and easily
· Ability to work independently or collaboratively as needed
· Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills
· Experience with social media and website maintenance
· Understanding of Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign and/or other media editing software
· Exhibited creativity and passion for learning
· Passion for environmental issues
Competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Contact: Send cover letter and resume/curriculum vitae with subject line: Media Production Assistant position to: firstname.lastname@example.org. or Fax; 202 986 8626. Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants must be currently legally authorized to work full time at EIA, a U.S. non-profit and be able to provide proof of same.
Due to the large volume of applicants, we are not able to answer emails or phone calls.