1101 15th Street, NW
Digital Campaign Coordinator
People For the American Way is a national advocacy organization dedicated to making the promise of America real for every American: Equality. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. The right to seek justice in a court of law. The right to cast a vote that counts. The American Way. The Digital Organizing Coordinator is an integral part of a dynamic online program including the flagship PFAW.org organizational website, the high-traffic Right Wing Watch blog, and an email membership with over 1 million activists.
The Digital Organizing Coordinator works to engage and mobilize progressive activists in support of our advocacy campaigns. The ideal candidate is an energetic and creative thinker who can work collaboratively with other staff to create and test strategies to generate effective activist campaigns. This position reports to the Directory of Digital Advocacy and Marketing and works with the Digital Strategy team and staff across multiple departments and programs. This position is located in Washington, D.C.
· Lead online and online-to-offline campaigns using email, SMS, social media, and other primarily digital tools to increase grassroots participation and visibility.
· Help plan and execute digital advocacy campaigns at the federal and state levels around key policy priorities, judicial and other nominations, and electing progressive candidates.
· Write, build, and test email action alerts, online actions like petitions, and donation pages.
· Represent the organization at events like rallies, conferences, and coalition meetings, and host local volunteers for phone banks and other volunteer events.
· Work collaboratively with coalition partners to pursue shared organizing objectives at the federal, state, and local levels.
· Work with partner organizations and ad platforms to identify and execute joint and sponsored actions and ad campaigns to grow our email list.
· Write content and develop strategies for online campaigns in email, social media, organizing toolkits, sign-on letters, blog posts, sample letters to the editor, and more.
· Manage and nurture our social media communities, including responding to messages and moderating comments
· Provide regular reporting on campaign performance and test results; provide in depth analysis and recommendations for continual improvement
· Help manage sites and social media properties in coordination with digital and communications staff.
· Provide quality assurance testing of other digital team members’ content
· Stay current on industry trends and best practices for advocacy and political organizations
· At least 1-2 years’ experience in digital organizing in an advocacy or campaign environment
· Experience with HTML, CSS, eCRM systems (experience with ActionKit strongly preferred but not specifically required), and CMS systems (such as WordPress)
· Strong understanding of campaign metrics, analytics, and A/B testing
· Strong writing skills with ability to work under pressure and write, code emails/HTML, and create audience queries quickly
· Strong organizational skills — ability to manage priorities and multi-task in a rapid response environment, including the ability to manage dozens of concurrent short-term and long-term deadlines
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, send resume and statement of interest to Human Resources, People For the American Way Foundation, 1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.
People For the American Way Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.