Details: Research!America offers a competitive salary
241 18th Street South
Research!America, the nation’s largest not-for-profit advocacy and public education alliance working to make research to improve health a higher national priority, is seeking a creative, highly organized, and energetic communications professional to join the team as a Communications Specialist. The Communications Specialist will work directly with the Director of Communications and responsibilities include writing and editing communications materials and providing communications support for a variety of projects, campaigns and events to increase support for public and private sector research and innovation among policymakers, media and the public.
The ideal candidate will have a BA in communications, public relations, political science or a related field, plus a minimum of three years related experience; strong verbal and written communications skills; expertise with digital platforms and website content management systems; social media coordination; strong understanding of Google Analytics, SEO, social media analytics, content strategy, and content marketing; experience with membership associations; excellent organization and time management skills; experience with Adobe suite; ability to multitask and prioritize assignments; self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Manage Research!America’s blog, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Medium.com accounts.
- Track website and social media analytics, providing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual analysis and recommendations based on data.
- Support the maintenance of the website content management system (Drupal) ensuring fresh, up-to-date content is available.
- Assist with developing communications/marketing initiatives to improve online engagement.
- Develop short- and long-term e-mail marketing and social media plans for annual events and various advocacy initiatives.
- Write, edit, proofread and fact-check materials: newsletter articles, press materials, email communications, fact sheets, invitations, annual report content, letters-to-the-editor, etc.
- Assist with development and membership communication plan and support execution.
- Work with membership team to engage and steward members through digital properties.
- Assist with PowerPoint development for executive speaking engagements.
- Assist with analyzing public opinion survey data
- Other projects as assigned
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a communications-related environment
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, political science or a related field
- Proficiency in interactive environments (website content management systems, database management, social media websites and networks, etc.)
Research!America offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plans, parking or Metro benefits, gym membership, and a convenient location in Crystal City.
Minimum Education Required